Smells like teen spirit called best song of past 25 years

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, June 10, 2003, 07:37:02 PM

Pas

Quote from: tremolosloth
Quote from: Booth
Oh my god, is that the one with the Led Zep's Kashmir sampling that came out like 4 months ago ?! I'll go cry in my room now.

I don't know, but have you heard Puff Daddy - Come With Me

why the fuck did Page do that?

Is that a cruel joke ? What has the world become... art for the masses has disapeared. The spirit in the mass culture has completly gone dry. Fuck, in the 60's, the 70's, the 80's and even the fucking 90's pop had some kind of meaning. Now its..."what I like about 50 cents is that he got shot. People who get shot are so cool I cram my pants"

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: tremolosloth
Oh my god, is that the one with the Led Zep's Kashmir sampling that came out like 4 months ago ?! I'll go cry in my room now.

I don't know, but have you heard Puff Daddy - Come With Me

why the fuck did Page do that?

Is that a cruel joke ? What has the world become... art for the masses has disapeared. The spirit in the mass culture has completly gone dry. Fuck, in the 60's, the 70's, the 80's and even the fucking 90's pop had some kind of meaning. Now its..."what I like about 50 cents is that he got shot. People who get shot are so cool I cram my pants"

what exactlly do you cram in your pants ?? i have been known to shove oranges in mine , but only when the mood is right

i dont cram anything into my pants over 50 cent, actually taht is not all together true

this hot chick i met last week at a party with really huge tits she works at the mall , well anyways her cell phone went off and it was playing " wanksta" by 50 cent and i was so happy about that i ran inside and yelled " I need oranges i need oranges "

Pas

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: Boothhuh, okay :roll:

ahh do i have to keep goofing of preteniouse douchebags ::sigh::

they will never ban me, because well for one thing i am fucking awsome

and two, well i help keep this site from becoming well the type of place where people all agree that seth meyers has a shread of talant

Sal

I agree with VH1's conclusion, namely because I can't think of a better replacement for the most influential ass kicking song from the past 25 years.

Ghostboy

It's certainly not Nirvana's best song, but it is the most immediately representative of them, and since they definitely deserve to be at the top of the list, I'm fine with that being the song of choice.

Gold Trumpet

Its so sad that popular music mainly for critical acclaim (awards shows and such) translates into what is the most popular getting that respect. Every single art form does this when thinking of its business, but music seems most connected to the money than the others. I don't mind Nirvana's song winning this award, but it should be under the banner of "Most Influential" instead. I think of a world of other songs when thinking of the best and I know at best, 1% of them may actually be on this list.

~rougerum

Raikus

While I don't agree that's the best song in the last 25 years, the only reason I'm not completely pissed is because of this:

Bohemian Rhapsody, written by Queen, 1975.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

SoNowThen

Quote from: SalI agree with VH1's conclusion, namely because I can't think of a better replacement for the most influential ass kicking song from the past 25 years.

Wonderwall.

No matter what you think of Oasis, you gotta admit it's a great song.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: SalI agree with VH1's conclusion, namely because I can't think of a better replacement for the most influential ass kicking song from the past 25 years.

Wonderwall.

I hate that song!

children with angels

Wonderwall.

I'm afraid I really have to disagree, man. Maybe it's just being British and having had it smeared over my aural consciousness for so long. It's actually one of my most hated songs of all time. And I've heard Gallagher talk about how he wrote it: he said, I paraphrase, "I was playing E minor, but with two fingers on the highest two strings, and I thought 'Fuck: why don't I leave those two fingers there while I change chords?' So I did, I left those little bitches there, and it sounded fucking ACE."
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

SoNowThen

Quote from: children with angels
Wonderwall.

I'm afraid I really have to disagree, man. Maybe it's just being British and having had it smeared over my aural consciousness for so long. It's actually one of my most hated songs of all time. And I've heard Gallagher talk about how he wrote it: he said, I paraphrase, "I was playing E minor, but with two fingers on the highest two strings, and I thought 'Fuck: why don't I leave those two fingers there while I change chords?' So I did, I left those little bitches there, and it sounded fucking ACE."

You gotta love that. The man just ain't pretentious. Personally, I feel Oasis is responsible for keeping rock alive, through it's tough spots in the late 90's. Now the younger bands will take the torch, but they all sight Oasis (and Noel particularily) as a massive inspiration.

But I knew most people would freak out when I said Wonderwall. It's certainly not anymore ludicrous than naming the Nirvana song as the "Best in the last 25 years".
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

SoNowThen

I should just bow out now.

But seriously, naming ANY song the "Best" is fucking ludicrous. So my opinion carries exactly as much weight as any of yours...