Proof the he has far too much time on his hands...

Started by BonBon85, May 13, 2003, 10:31:27 PM

ElPandaRoyal

Si

Jeremy Blackman

And he would have made a wonderful Scarecrow...

Ghostboy

Quote from: FernandoQT's blog????

News found at Joblo.com

True or false?

Pretty obviously false (Roger Avary concurs) but kinda fun to read anyway.

The Perineum Falcon

I thought this was curiously funny:

What are your thoughts on AvP?

"I'm a pretty big fan of Ridley Scott in terms of his abilities as a director (dig the fancy sentences!) so I was a bit let down by AVP, but the graphics were kept to a minimum all considered and it had some good parts but overall...nothing special. I'm not really into that kinda stuff."
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

modage

Quentin Tarantino + Takashi Miike = Live Theater?
Okay, here's a doozy and judging from the source it's legit ...

While introducing tonight's Midnight Madness screening of Takashi Miike's Zebraman, Toronto Film Festival programmer Colin Geddes first relayed Miike's regrets for not being in attendance and then relayed this little bit of news:

Miike and Quentin Tarantino were both in attendence at the just-wrapped-up Venice Film Festival this year and at some point during the proceedings the two of them sat down for a little chat. I'm willing to bet Quentin did most of the talking. But what came out of that talk was this: when writing the screenplay for Kill Bill Tarantino originally gave Go Go Yubari a twin sister, a character cut out of the final script for pacing reasons. Tarantino and Miike talked about the character some and the end result was Tarantino giving Miike permission to direct a stage play based on the Yubari twin and the removed section of screenplay.

No word on what the title will be or when this will actually hit the stage - Miike's got three films in various stages of production right now, so it won't be any time soon - but Geddes is in regular contact with the man and I very much doubt he would have spilled this if it wasn't definite.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

modage

Writer/director Quentin Tarantino might soon be putting a new television gig under his belt: directing an instalment of the original CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.

George Eads (Nick Stokes) revealed Tarantino might do an upcoming CSI episode to the syndicated news magazine Extra. Eads was interviewed backstage at the SAG awards, right after the CSI cast won its award for Best Drama Ensemble (story). No specifics are available yet, and it's not known for which episode Tarantino would assume the director's chair.

Tarantino became famous around the cult film circuit with the Sundance debut of his critically acclaimed independent film, Reservoir Dogs. Since then, he has moved on to direct films such as Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, and Kill Bill: Volumes 1 & 2. Tarantino is most famous for his good dialogue and use of martial arts sequences.

The director is not a stranger to television. His directing credits include an episode of ER; he was also planning to direct an episode of The X-Files, but the deal didn't go through due to problems with the Directors' Guild. Tarantino has appeared as a guest-star on ABC's Alias as well.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Empire Awards Salutes Tarantino's Work

Quentin Tarantino, director of the "Kill Bill" movies, "Pulp Fiction" and "Reservoir Dogs," was named film icon of the decade at the Empire Awards.

"The fact that England has embraced me as one of its own is really cool," said Tarantino, who accepted his award Sunday. "I hope to give you at least 15 more years of movies, I'm not going to be this old guy that keeps cranking them out."

"My plan is to have a theater by that time in some small town and I will be the manager this crazy old movie guy," the 41-year-old director said." I've made enough money that nobody even needs to show up at the theater. It's just having something to do."

More than 12,000 readers of Empire magazine cast voted for the awards.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

Alethia

fifteen more years?  that's what - like three movies?

Gamblour.

Quote from: NEON MERCURYwhy does he look like that?

You mean ugly?
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

As the day goes to an end, there is more to report on this entire Tarantino news flash from England. Now The Sun has a nice follow up to all those stories.

To sum up: QT likes to make 15 more years of movies; he will release the 4 hour Kill Bill, probably with the new out-of-Miramax/Disney company and yes, he's still writing Inglorious Bastards.

Quentin said: "Thank you very, very much and I hope to give you at least 15 more years of movies that hopefully will get your d*** hard just as much as the first ones. I'm not going to be this old guy that keeps cranking them out. My plan is to have a theatre by that time in some small town and I will be the manager - this crazy old movie guy. I've made enough money that nobody even needs to show up at the theatre. It's just having something to do. I will make little speeches before each movie. That sounds like a pretty cool life."

Before the ceremony Quentin spoke to the Sun Online about the best films released in 2004.

"This has been one of my favourite years for movies for a long time, although not for anything that got nominated at the Academy Awards for the most part. As much as I liked Million Dollar Baby and The Aviator, there were movies I loved. Shaun Of The Dead was my favourite film of last year and I'm not just saying that because (director) Edgar Wright is standing next to me. I also think it is the best British movie made in the last seven years, since The Crying Game, and maybe the best British movie about young people right now I've ever seen. My second favourite movie of the year was The Passion Of The Christ. I'm actually in the writers' branch of the Academy, but I wanted to switch over to the directors' branch so I could vote for Mel Gibson to win an Oscar. I think The Passion Of The Christ is one of the most magnificent directing jobs I've seen in my life. I hadn't seen a movie bring back the imagery of silent cinema until that film. I also loved Before Sunset, The Incredibles, Team America, OldBoy, Fahrenheit 9/11 and Harold And Kumar Get The Munchies."

And all of Quentin's fans will be pleased to know that he is putting his most recent movie Kill Bill, released in two parts, back together.

He told The Sun: "It will be Kill Bill the Japanese version - the four hour movie all together with an intermission in the middle. It will probably be the first release from Miramax's new company, first at cinemas and then on DVD. It will also probably get a higher age rating. We had to cut it when Miramax was part of Disney but now we can do whatever the fuck we want."

Tarantino also revealed that his next movie will be Inglorious Bastards, his long-awaited pet project about a platoon of World War II soldiers trapped behind enemy lines.

"I've been kicking back and now I'm getting ready to start working again, and I'm at the very beginning of writing the script for Inglorious Bastards."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Cecil

i like the way josh becker describes him in his interview here. i mean here

cowboykurtis

I think it's a healthy mixture of cocaine and male pattern baldness
...your excuses are your own...