movies that deal with boredom

Started by cron, March 22, 2005, 08:52:21 PM

can you guys name movies in which the main conflict is boredom or where it plays a big part of the movie? please abstain from naming boring movies...
the very few i could come up with are 'kitchen stories' and 'american beauty', and those two don't even deal directly with boredom, but saying that they are respectively about relationships and american ordinarity sucks.
context, context, context.

Gabe

Once i wanted to make a film about boredom and I saw 'Adaptation' and realized Charlie Kaufmann had already done everything i wanted to do, even though the film doesn't directly deal with 'boredom'.

cyk

i've seen a few french films with really really heavy over tones on boredom...

but nothing that deals with the actual issue of boredom...

probly because a movie about boredom would endup being a movie
about things you do when your bored which leads back to socal commitary
even if it's not intentional....

opps i'm ranting...
"The Wisdom Of Cyk"

"If your up to your chin in shit.........Don't make waves!"

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

attack the gas station.  a korean comedy that's in blockbusters and other big american chains.  check it out.  it rocks and it's really funny.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

hahaha suburbia rules. I remember the first time I got stoned, i was 13 and we were watching that movie and there was a scene in that movie where some broad is tap dancing and that scene bugged me out. that happens in that movie right? i havent seen it since and even then i didn't really watch it (the dog was humping the lazy boy for an hour) its a good movie right? Fuck yea it is.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Quote from: StefenI remember the first time I got stoned, i was 13 and we were watching that movie and there was a scene in that movie where some broad is tap dancing and that scene bugged me out. that happens in that movie right?

Yeah, she does like a stomp poetry reading, where everything was, "Fuck this. Fuck that..."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Well, then i agree with me and you. Suburbia rules. I like the part where the girl tap dances.

Alexandro

TEMPORADA DE PATOS (Duck's Season)

2004 mexican black & white film by Fernando Eimbcke. Was in cannes last year i believe...

very good movie.

Sigur Rós

Reykjavik 101 would be a great example of how boredom can be exciting when put in a film.

Pubrick

um, the graduate.

thread solved.
under the paving stones.

Sigur Rós

Stefen

Myxo

In a strange hamster on a wheel sort of way, Fight Club belongs here.