What Gives?

Started by thedog, July 28, 2004, 12:17:44 PM

thedog

Cameron Crowe is a great writer and a pretty good director.

But reading this recent Elizabethtown interview...

QuoteJE: When it comes to your own cinema library, what movies have been most influential?

CC: I love "Philadelphia Story," and I love Billy's "Love in the Afternoon." I recently discovered "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid." I loved the way that was filmed. And "Lost in Translation" is just a great movie. Also, Wes Anderson's movies. "The Royal Tenenbaums." It made me cry. ... Francois Truffaut's "Rules of the Game." He was a real hero to me.

He recently discovered Butch Cassidy? Francois Truffaut's The Rules of The Game? He even goes on to say "Truffaut was a real hero to me."

Seemed a little odd to me, especially since Cameron Crowe is considered sort of a master filmmaker guy.

Well anyway...

Finn

Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

MacGuffin

Quote from: thedogHe recently discovered Butch Cassidy?

Some people have yet to discover Billy Wilder.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Well, Crowe also loves Truffaut's "Stolen Kisses" but I'm surprised he slipped up and didn't recognize ROTG as a Renoir film.

RegularKarate

Cameron Crow is kind of a fraud... what do you expect?

Alethia

in what way is he a fraud?

Bethie

I think the only film he recently discovered is Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Since he said, "I recently discovered "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid." Then went on to talk about other films, but did not say, "I also recently discovered..."

You know?
who likes movies anyway

Just Withnail

He's still embarrassingly wrong on the names.

Alethia

we all make mistakes, children.

SiliasRuby

QuoteFrancois Truffaut's "Rules of the Game." He was a real hero to me.
I felt embarressed just reading this.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pubrick

he never really liked movies anyway.

it was his second option.

hav sumone say to him "i really liked bob dylan's THE WHITE ALBUM, that was really influential to me".. and see how much credibility he thinks that person has.
under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

hahahaha..........

Just Withnail

Quote from: Pubrickhav sumone say to him "i really liked bob dylan's THE WHITE ALBUM, that was really influential to me".. and see how much credibility he thinks that person has.

What do you mean? That's a really good album.

cine

Quote from: ...& IWhat do you mean? That's a really good album.
Quote from: Pubrickbob dylan's THE WHITE ALBUM

I hate this thread.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.