I have pictures too

Started by pete, January 15, 2006, 12:17:42 PM

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

JG

I really really like the first one.  it feels so cold. 

matt35mm

Oh the memories of Taiwan.  The one with the two kids is the best picture.

Pozer

pete

- Buster Keaton

I Love a Magician

I really like 1, 3, 5, 6 and that one of the little girl you just posted. The first one reminds me of a Jandek album cover for some reason. Three's really neat because it's kind of snapshotty, but, ya know, some shots are but they're still fine photographs. I like how each person gains more movement from left to right. The sixth picture and the one of the little girl are my favorites, I'd really like to take osme pictures like that myself.

JG

I'm impressed you know who Jandek is. 

matt35mm

Now that JimmyGator has given in, it's unanimous.  Xixax fully endorses I Love a Magician.

Back to Pete's pictures, then.

Reinhold

the last one is brilliant. i love the little boy in the background.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

RegularKarate

are a couple of those taken with a Holga?

aren't you IN the third picture, Pete?

pete

yep, put the camera on the ground on an angle, turned out the timer, then three of us counted back from 15 and jumped off the asphalt roller thing.  and no, all those pictures were taken with an older canon slr camera.
- Buster Keaton

Figure 8

Quote from: I Love a Magician on January 15, 2006, 03:04:15 PMThe first one reminds me of a Jandek album cover for some reason.
Yeah, I think so too.  I really like that first one, the one of the kids, but I really like the last one too.

pete

- Buster Keaton

noyes

very good photos.
i particularly love the first one as well.
south america's my name.

Reinhold

i like the last one. i had it as my desktop background for a few days but just replaced it with a really cool ralph steadman sketch.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.