Started by Pedro, March 20, 2003, 11:46:16 PM

russiasusha

Woody  Allen had sex with Mick Jagger

Proven fact
Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

MacGuffin

BBC Films looking for laughs

BBC Films, the pubcaster's movie-making arm, said Wednesday it was looking to build a slate of comedy projects and has sealed a deal to back Woody Allen's next British set movie after "Match Point." BBC Films chief David Thompson said the deal for Allen's next London-set movie following "Match Point" -- which unspools Out of Competition at Cannes Thursday -- is being ironed out but is expected to see the Beeb co-produce the project and take television rights. No further details were available on the Allen project but Thompson said the aim was to diversify the upcoming slate from the broadcaster's movie arm to include more comedy.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

At Cannes, Scarlett says she's not Allen's muse

Away from the red carpets and beyond the yachts crowding the harbor next to the Cannes Film Festival, the following items were seen and heard on Thursday:

- - - -

WOODY ALLEN'S MUSE?

Scarlett Johansson may be a lot of things to a lot of people, but "Woody Allen's latest muse" is not a title the young American actress with a skyrocketing career is after.

Johansson was asked at a news conference after the world premiere of their film "Match Point" what it was like to be Allen's new "muse" -- a woman or force personified as a woman who is the source of inspiration for a creative artist.

The journalist was referring to Allen's past on- and off-screen partnerships with Diane Keaton and Mia Farrow.

But before Johansson, 20, could answer, Allen, 69, leaned over toward her and gave a stage whisper loud enough for their microphones to pick up: "Careful, careful." They both laughed.

"I guess I'm glad we're working together again," said Johansson, who stars in "Match Point" and will work with Allen again on a new film mid-year. "I'm thrilled. I don't know about being his 'muse', but it's nice to work with him. We'll get to eat the free lunch from catering again."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Woody Allen Eyes Barcelona for Next Film

Woody Allen said Saturday he wants to shoot his next movie in Barcelona.

Allen said his production company is in the advanced stage of talks on filming a romantic comedy in Spain's second-largest city. He said he hopes to get started next summer or the one after that.

He spoke during a visit to the northern city of Oviedo, where in 2002 he won an arts award from a foundation run by Crown Prince Felipe.

Allen said some of the scenes in the next movie might be filmed in Oviedo.

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pubrick

Quote from: flagpolespecialcan we give woody his own forum? jesus. finchers got one.
Quote from: SiliasRubyNo, he doesn't.
hahaah, wow, PWNED by silias..
under the paving stones.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: flagpolespecialcan we give woody his own forum?

I always supported this one.  :yabbse-grin:
Si

MacGuffin

Allen Not Interested in September 11

Director Woody Allen has dismissed the September 11th attacks as a negligible historical event not worthy of the silver screen. The Melinda And Melinda filmmaker regards the al-Qaeda attacks on America's east coast as a minor disaster compared to other historical events. Allen tells Pagesix.Com, "As a filmmaker, I'm not interested in 9/11 - it's too small, history overwhelms it. The history of the world is like: He kills me, I kill him, only with different cosmetics and different castings. So in 2001, some fanatics killed some Americans, and now some Americans are killing some Iraqis. And in my childhood, some Nazis killed Jews. And now, some Jewish people and some Palestinians are killing each other. Political questions, if you go back thousands of years, are ephemeral - not important. History is the same thing over and over again."

Skeleton FilmWorks

JG

i didn't want start a thread, so i wanna ask here:  is there a thread for match point?  there is a lot of buzz about this movie, ebert calling it one of allen's four best.  there's also a trailer.  

Christmas day release date.

Tictacbk

JG

yeah i tried and couldn't find it.  i'm not really good with the search.  then i figured out a way to make it so that i only looked in the grapevine section and found it.  i was gonna make a quick edit, but you beat me to it.

polkablues

Quote from: JimmyGatori'm not really good with the search.

http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=7892

All you'll ever need to know.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Woody Allen Grateful for Wife Soon-Yi

Woody Allen says his relationship with wife Soon-Yi Previn, which has a "more paternal feeling," is "one of the truly lucky things that happened to me in my life."

Allen, a two-time Oscar winner, married Previn in 1997. She is the adopted daughter of Andre Previn and Mia Farrow, Allen's former girlfriend.

In 1992, Allen was discovered to be having an affair with Previn, then 22, while he was dating Farrow. He and Previn have two daughters, ages 5 and 6.

"I'm sure there are things that I might have done differently," he says in an interview in Vanity Fair magazine, on newsstands Nov. 8. "Probably in retrospect I should have bowed out of that relationship (with Farrow) much earlier than I did."

But Allen, who will be 70 on Dec. 1, says age hasn't brought wisdom.

"I've gained no wisdom, no insight, no mellowing. I would make all the same mistakes again, today," he tells the magazine.

Despite the calamitous beginnings of his relationship with Previn, he says, "It was just completely fortuitous. One of the truly lucky things that happened to me in my life."

"I don't ever feel that I'm with a hostile or threatening person. It's got a more paternal feeling to it."

Though his separation and subsequent custody battles with Farrow over their three children was bitter, Allen says he wanted to cast her in his 1995 film, "Mighty Aphrodite." Casting director Juliet Taylor talked him out of it, and the part went to Helena Bonham Carter.

"I'm just not the kind of person that thinks, `Well, you did a terrible thing to me in my life, and so I'm not working with you,'" he says. "I mean, there's a line that you draw. I wouldn't put, you know, Hermann Goring in a part, but short of Nuremberg crimes ..."

Allen will release his latest film, "Match Point," in December, a thriller starring Scarlett Johansson and Jonathan Rhys-Meyers. It has been acclaimed as a return to form for Allen, who won Oscars for 1977's "Annie Hall" and 1986's "Hannah and Her Sisters."

His screen credits also include "Interiors," "Manhattan," "Broadway Danny Rose," "The Purple Rose of Cairo" and "Deconstructing Harry."

"I'm made, oh, perfectly decent films," he says. "But not `8 1/2,' not `The Seventh Seal,' `The 400 Blows' or `L'Avventura' ones that to me really proclaim cinema as art, on the highest level. If I was the teacher, I'd give myself a B."

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: flagpolespecialcan we give woody his own forum? jesus. finchers got one.
Quote from: SiliasRubyNo, he doesn't.
hahaah, wow, PWNED by silias..

Unpwned, now that Soderbergh has made room for him and Aronofsky.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cowboykurtis

theres a good woody allen article in the new vanity fair
...your excuses are your own...