What NOT to do in a film.

Started by ono, October 15, 2003, 09:23:22 PM

ono

http://www.filmmaker.com/DUMPS.html

I thought this was highly amusing.  Probably because it's so true.  A must-read for anyone who's made a short film or plans on it.

prophet

"This one is zany.  A character walks INTO THE CAMERA LENS!  And then we fade to black, or more commonly, cut to the reverse-- someone walking AWAY FROM THE CAMERA LENS!  OOOooo!  What a good idea..."

scarface

whoes the guy that wrote this crap?

"The zany "Slacker with a Gun" film You're not Quentin Tarantino.  Stop trying."

YES I EM FUCKING TARANTINO!!!! YOU MOTHER FUCKING PEACE OF SHIT
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

Link

Aww man, I feel like such a loser for using some of those things!  :oops:

:wink:

prophet

noooo listen to that guy hes a very famose hollywood insider he knows what hes talkin about if he says they are shit they are man listen to him :)
j/k

ill use whatever my muthafuckin' head desires.
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

Ghostboy

The only thing I'd pay any real attention to there is the sound issue. Having good sound is sooo important -- as I now know.

Weak2ndAct

Wow.  I've done 10+ shorts and haven't broken any of those rules.  I guess I'm awesome.

kotte

Weak2ndAct, your new avatar scares me man...

Weak2ndAct

It's awesome and you know it.

Ghostboy

Hey, I want some attention! My lonstanding avatar is from the same film!

It is nice to know, though, that that famous sequence still has the ability to shock people close to a century later.

Weak2ndAct

GB--
I just decided to pick the grossest moment, which is just typical of my gross-ness.  Yeah, the movie still holds up today.  2 great artists working together in their prime is wonderful thing.

kotte

What movie??

Gotta see this madness!! :shock:

kotte

Weak2ndAct, you've probably answered this already but fuck it.

How does your writing routine look like? An average day in Weak's life.

Weak2ndAct

The movie:
Un Chien Andalou, directed by Bunuel, with some assistance by Salvador motherfuckin' Dali.
The writing routine:
On your average day, nothing really gets done.  A lot of TV watching and internet surfing (and the occasional phone calling).  That changes when inspiration hits or the man is making me turn shit in.  When that happens, it's usually an all day affair with several cups of coffee and too many cigarettes to count.  In these periods, there is usually little sleep and much grumpiness.  Though some swell things are going on in my life, it's way more boring than you would think.

kotte

Quote from: Weak2ndActThe movie:
Un Chien Andalou, directed by Bunuel, with some assistance by Salvador motherfuckin' Dali.

Insane shit, man!

Quote from: Weak2ndActnothing really gets done.
So can relate to that. I have this fucking block at the moment. It's not really a traditional writers block. It's more of a 'I gotta finish a short before I start the next feature' kind of block. And I have trouble finding an idea for this short. The good thing is I've decided to shoot this short in january and I'm meeting a cinematographer next wednesday so I have to have it done by then.
I don't know why I feel I have to write a short before the feature. I think I have to to prove something to myself.
I don't know...it's all so confusing...

Link

I seen that flick!  I remember when I found out Dali helped out in that flick, I was psyched.  It's great.