Problems with the chat

Started by Robyn, February 09, 2012, 02:02:03 PM

Robyn

When I am trying to connect to the chat I get a big fucking warning sign from my virus software. Is there anything to worry about?

Also, Reelist is currently online in the chat. Is there any connection? Is Reelist evil? wtf!?

Reel

I don't think you have anything to worry about. If I recall correctly, I got that warning thing too and it works fine for me, the only problem I have is that there's never anyone in it to talk to. Its like we all take turns being alone in the chat, trying it in on for size, is that not the saddest thing in the world?

Sleepless

Yeah, that is pretty sad. But at least we've got our routine down:

I didn't get an error message.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Jeremy Blackman

Sleepless, I think I just kicked you out by entering. Is that what's happening?

Sleepless

It's official: we got a chat going on. Come on in, the water's fine.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Jeremy Blackman

Pro tip:

To log out of chat, simply close the window. (Do not click the X at the upper right. It will log you out of the forum too.)

I haven't used the chat in so long.

Anyway, yes, it's definitely working.

polkablues

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on February 09, 2012, 03:24:55 PM
Sleepless, I think I just kicked you out by entering. Is that what's happening?

I'm pretty sure the software continuously shows whoever was the last person to enter the chat as being online, even after exiting, until someone else logs in.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

[quote Reelist link=topic=12079.msg312391#msg312391 date=1328820683]
. Its like we all take turns being alone in the chat
[/quote]

that's hilarious.I much prefer that theory to polkas actual explanation.

The only reason we got the chat back in the first place was because cronopio (aka cronopio 2) begged us for it and like a child who loses interest in his favourite toy/fad he hasn't played with it in ages..or posted at all for that matter.

We had a couple of good magnolia chats though.
under the paving stones.