INHERENT VICE (No Major Spoilers)

Started by cronopio 2, December 02, 2010, 09:51:28 AM

Cloudy

Ah, didn't remember that bit. Thanks. I'm sure he'll do the job. It's crazy how much crew crosses over between PTA/Malick films.

modage

Yep, what polka said.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

I'm sure there are. Just hoping to break some of them before the trades...  :yabbse-lipsrsealed:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Fernando

Reese Witherspoon Finally Gets To Work With Paul Thomas Anderson As She Signs For 'Inherent Vice'

It's lost to the mists of time now, but when the project first emerged, there was talk that Reese Witherspoon was going to appear in Paul Thomas Anderson's "The Master," as Peggy, the manipulative wife of Lancaster Dodd. For whatever reason (let's hope it wasn't a scheduling conflict with "This Means War"), it didn't come to pass, but it seems like Witherspoon and PTA are still mutual admirers, as Deadline bring news that the actress has just signed on to the director's new project, "Inherent Vice."

The actress -- who's had a flurry of activity of late, after making tabloid headlines for her recent arrest -- joins Joaquin Phoenix, Benicio Del Toro, Owen Wilson and Kevin J Anderson as the signed cast so far. There's no confirmation as to who she'll playing, but our guess is that she'll be Shasta Fay Hepworth, the ex girlfriend of Doc Sportello (Phoenix), who sets the plot in motion, though she could also be Hope Harlingen, the supposed widow of missing musician Coy.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/reese-witherspoon-finally-gets-to-work-with-paul-thomas-anderson-as-she-signs-for-inherent-vice-20130515

Lottery

Ah, goodie.

Walk the Line reunion?

MacGuffin

She's an American citizen!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

More into that than the Reese news.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Cloudy

Quote from: polkablues on May 15, 2013, 09:32:05 PM
More into that than the Reese news.

My thoughts exactly.

Lottery

Witherspoon as Shasta seems like a logical casting choice. But who else would have made a good Ms Hepworth?
Michelle Williams? Her younger clonal copy, Carey Mulligan? And so on.

HeywoodRFloyd

Martin Short, fuck yeah

jenkins

short hair is la popular, detective

DocSportello

That's such great news. The Sean Penn scoop makes the Jim Carrey-as-Bigfoot rumors that have been floating around feel like a soon-to-be reality. I'd say midway through this week we'll be seeing a post from Modage confirming it.

It's funny that it may also bring truth to what C&RV were speculating about over twitter a few weeks ago, suggesting Mr. Carrey was very cleverly hinting at his involvement in the film when he showed up to the Letterman show like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24tE-V8bAoA

Extremely excited about all the fresh faces in PTA'S universe for this one. My favorite part of anticipating a new PTA film has always been not having the slightest clue what it will look/feel like when I see it. Having read the book, I find it all that much more amazing that this time around is no exception. I have no idea how he's going to pull it off. And it's a great feeling.

Lottery

Quote from: DocSportello on May 19, 2013, 05:45:21 PM
My favorite part of anticipating a new PTA film has always been not having the slightest clue what it will look/feel like when I see it. Having read the book, I find it all that much more amazing that this time around is no exception. I have no idea how he's going to pull it off. And it's a great feeling.

Yep, that's definitely how I feel about it.