greatest movie entrances

Started by Alethia, May 30, 2003, 02:27:01 PM

cowboykurtis

Quote from: soixanteHow could I forget -- William Holden in Sunset Boulevard, floating dead in a swimming pool.  In one image, tone, character & setting are concisely  conveyed.  Best of all, Holden's entrance is also an exit.

Speaking of which, what is the best exit?  Probably from the same movie.  Gloria Swanson ready for her close up.

you're so money and you dont even know it
...your excuses are your own...

Keener

Bubba in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

bonanzataz

as per request of "children with angels"...

ooh....

aah...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Actually, it's a few frames in more:

Quote from: children with angelsThat one shot where she is standing there, in profile looking up, the lights around her dim, she gets an intense, dreamlike glow

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

I am definitely going with Orson Welles in The Third Man. Even for a movie made then, it still sends chills down the spine to most people I know who are into movies. Orson Welles may have been the greatest face and persona ever to grace printed film. The Third Man for me is the ultimate film noir and one of my favorites.

~rougerum

bonanzataz

oh. i guess i only briefly read the post. i like when she's standing in the doorway.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

children with angels

Thanks a lot guys...! Now how about Rear Window? We should get images of all these great entrances actually; Third Man, etc...
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Jeremy Blackman

Julianne Moore in The Big Lebowski.

Ravi

John Wayne's intro in Stagecoach was pretty cool.  Could someone post caps of that?

brockly

Nice work JB!

1. Clint Eastwood - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
2. De Niro - Goodfellas
3. Todd Parker - Boogie Nights
4. John Goodman - Barton Fink
5. Carradine - Kill Bill

pete

ET.
Randall Cobb as Leonard Smalls in Raising Arizona.
Arnold in T1.
Lau KarLeung in Drunken Monkey (something about a 70+ year old man doing fast kungfu that really impresses me)
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

El Duderino

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanJulianne Moore in The Big Lebowski.

YEAH!

Steve Buscemi in Ghost World
Johnny Depp in Pirates
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

cine

Just Withnail

Indiana Jones...Raiders of the Lost Ark
Marty McFly...Back to the Future
Rick...Casablanca
Prokosch...Contempt
Sauron...Fellowship of the Ring
Vader...The Empire Strikes Back
Frank...Magnolia
Harmonica Man...Once Upon a Time in the West

El Duderino

Quote from: Withnail
Frank...Magnolia

yeah, good choice
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?