I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

analogzombie

Shallow Grave is an awesome movie! Boyle at his best.
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

mogwai

Quote from: analogzombieShallow Grave is an awesome movie! Boyle at his best.
aye, if i remember correctly, the opening shots are from empty streets in london (or some other city). i've always loved that one and i'd easily steal that scene if i'm going to make a movie.

yeah, i remember enjoying  Shallow Grave.
context, context, context.

analogzombie

IMO it's Boyle's best, even better than Trainspotting. Can't remember how it opens though.

As far as Return of the Street Fighter, If The Street Fighter is a 10 and Last Revenge of the Street Fighter is a 0, then ROTSF would get a 7. it's a little cheesier and more mainstream than the original but still packs a lot of great fights and attitude. And it has the ebst eyeballs popping out of head scene ever.
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffinPEOPLE WITH SMALL MONITORS DON'T LIKE POSTS THAT PULL THE SCREEN ALL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT!!!!!
so would it kill u ppl to stack ur pictures one on top of the other? if anything it looks more impressive and we can all still bask in ur glorious recent purchases, without having to scroll to the right and be pissed off at u.
under the paving stones.

godardian

In yesterday's mail:

How is that Waking the Dead, mogwai and Robert Smith? Keith Gordon is that kid from Dressed to Kill, right?
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Fernando

Quote from: godardianHow is that Waking the Dead, mogwai and Robert Smith? Keith Gordon is that kid from Dressed to Kill, right?

He was the lead in Christine, his most famous role I guess.

BTW, Ikiru is in my wish list, let me know if it's worth it, though I'm almost sure it is.

godardian

Quote from: FernandGuffin

BTW, Ikiru is in my wish list, let me know if it's worth it, though I'm almost sure it is.

aye-aye, cap'n!

In today's mail:

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

mogwai

Quote from: godardianHow is that Waking the Dead, mogwai and Robert Smith? Keith Gordon is that kid from Dressed to Kill, right?
he had a smaller part in jaws 2:

keith gordon on the left, todd solondz on the right.

NEON MERCURY

samsong

Alethia

Quote from: mogwai
he had a smaller part in jaws 2:

keith gordon on the left, todd solondz on the right.

you lie

yes, todd solondz isn't that cute.
context, context, context.

mogwai

okay, but it was funny anyway? :roll: