if you could travel back in time, see one movie opening night (public/non-fancy)

Started by picolas, January 03, 2007, 03:44:17 AM

picolas

and travel back, which would it be?

i think i might pick Strangelove. i've never felt like i fully grasped the bigness/gutsiness of a nuclear comedy in the time/place/political climate in which it was released. travelling back in time would help.

Star Wars/Empire would be really fun too. as would .

you?

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

I'd see The Wild Bunch when it premiered in Kansas City. Peckinpah specifically chose a conservative, middle America city to premiere the film so he could gage the effect of the violence on a conservative audience. Half the audience left after the first fighting sequence complaining about the violence. Those who stayed came out still complaining about the violence. It was a victory for Peckinpah who was in the audience. He wanted the film to dig at the underlining attraction people have for violence. If everyone hated the violence, they all would have left. Anyways, that would have been a good moment to witness.