Inglourious Basterds [sic]

Started by brockly, May 20, 2003, 06:05:39 AM

MacGuffin

Tarantino's 'Basterds' Heads to Cannes as More Photos Arrive Online
Source: Cinematical

Last year when Quentin Tarantino announced that he'd have his WWII epic Inglourious Basterds ready to screen at this year's Cannes Film Festival, the majority of us thought the guy was out of his mind. At the time, his script wasn't finished, the film wasn't cast and production hadn't even begun. Now, here we are less than a year later and Variety reports that the Cannes Film Festival has invited Tarantino's film to screen, and he has told them it will be ready to do just that. Nothing official is out yet, however, since the festival doesn't release its schedule until April 23, but you have to hand it to the man for sticking to his guns. Whether the final product is any good is a whole different matter.

This news comes as Vanity Fair revealed new portrait-style images from the set of Basterds, giving us our first good look at French actress Mélanie Laurent as Shosanna Dreyfus, who, in the film, plays a woman who flees to Paris and opens a theater after witnessing Nazis murder her family. Inglourious Basterds will arrive in theaters on August 21; check out a few more VF images below and the rest over on their site.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

I want this to be awesome. Please be awesome.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gamblour.

Kudos to Brad Pitt for Most Consistent Face.
WWPTAD?

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

cine

christ, are they EVER going to show what mike myers looks like in this?

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Cinephile on April 02, 2009, 01:28:43 PM
Not until the premiere.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pas

Quote from: Cinephile on April 02, 2009, 01:28:43 PM

is this a joke I didn't get ? I cannot ever trust Cine now  :(

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

hedwig

polkablues

I'm trying to think of who he reminds me of like that... not quite Wilford Brimley, not quite Martin Mull... not quite Murray from Flight of the Conchords.... I don't know, it'll come to me sooner or later.
My house, my rules, my coffee

matt35mm

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Pozer

hedwig

New Feeling

According to the Cannes website this thing is going to clock at 2h40m making it the longest film in compitition.