Seven...Favorite Animated Films...or shorts...

Started by NEON MERCURY, August 31, 2003, 08:55:58 PM

Pas

I like A Goofy Movie. Great songs and the guy who eats cheese in spray is awesome.

pete

this canadian guy named Frederic Back does the sickest animations, sick not as in gross, but as in awesome, it's the most beautiful animation I've ever seen.
miyazaki's crimson hog aka Porco Rosso
petrov's the old man and the sea--saw it on IMAX and it was incredible.  the entire feature, frame by frame, of oil painting.
don hertzfelt's la amour
beavis and butthead
that other canadian experimental film guy who paints on the frames you know, the one with the dot turning into different shapes according to the music, that one's cool too.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ghostboy

I forgot about Don Herzfeld's stuff...Rejected and Billy's Balloon are two of my favorite short films, animated or otherwise. I haven't seen his other stuff yet, though. I'm excited about the Animation Show that he and Mike Judge are putting together.

Find Your Magali

Quote from: Find Your Magali on September 01, 2003, 12:32:41 PM
My list would have all the usual suspects (Monsters Inc., Aladdin, Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Chicken Run, Spirited Away)...

But the one bizarre wild-card would be the 1974 version of "Jack and the Beanstalk," written by Peter J. Solmo and directed by Gisaburo Sugii. If you saw it as a kid, it probably stayed with you. It's an acid-trip of a musical, in which Jack and his dog head up the beanstalk and deal with a witch and a giant, a royal family that's been turned into mice and a princess who's been put under a spell.

Freaky, fun stuff.

This is on DVD now, if anyone is intrigued by the thought of some psychadelic 70s anime....