The New Format - SECOND ACCOUNTS STILL NOT ALLOWED

Started by MacGuffin, February 09, 2004, 04:52:21 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: neon mercury on November 07, 2005, 10:16:05 AM
i like the film reels but for real life soundtracks i think it would be hip if you guys could stick a musical note instead of a reel in the forum.  but nonetheless good job

i don't think it can be controlled so specifically.

further tips:

• you have a personal text feature in your profile which lets you write under your av. Custom ranks are still assigned by admin, seen under your name.
  • external links work for avs. if you can temporarily host your av like at photobucket or sumthing, it will show. havn't fixed how to keep the margins from moving along with it.
  • you can edit your posts for up to 50mins after making them without acquiring an edit stain.
  • if you get bored with all the information in the header, at the top of your page -- ie. User Info, News Box, Key Stats, Quick search bar -- you can minimize the whole section by clicking the upshrink button located just under where it says 'Search'. It can be reversed just as easily.
under the paving stones.

kotte

Quote from: Pubrick on November 07, 2005, 10:22:04 AM

• if you get bored with all the information in the header, at the top of your page -- ie. User Info, News Box, Key Stats, Quick search bar -- you can minimize the whole section by clicking the upshrink button located just under where it says 'Search'. It can be reversed just as easily.

Great! Exactly what I was looking for.

modage

Quote from: kotte on November 07, 2005, 11:20:19 AM
Quote from: Pubrick on November 07, 2005, 10:22:04 AM

Great! Exactly what I was looking for.
yes, AMAZING.  that just made my life 500 times easier!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Got my avatar, shrank my header, and all is well.  I'm feeling a lot better about this.  The grey is still a little oppressive, and the purple quote boxes aren't very aesthetically pleasing, but I'm well over the initial shock of the change.

:salute:
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

AVATAR PROBLEM IS FIXED. YOU CAN UPLOAD YOUR AVATARS NOW

by going to your profile, on the left menu under Modify Profile click Forum Profile Information, upload your av. size limit is 250x250 as before.
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Well, I'm starting to adjust with these early problems getting fixed.

I don't really understand "Over-Achiever," though.  Did you guys change the post level ratings?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cine

Quote from: w a l r u sI don't really understand "Over-Achiever," though.  Did you guys change the post level ratings?
just that one. it looked really ugly with the star system and all of that. seemed like a nice little change.

Weak2ndAct

This makes no sense to me.  I'm unable to post my hatred for Last Days in the Van Sant forum, but able to post here?  Is this my computer or the new format?

Pubrick

Quote from: Weak2ndAct on November 08, 2005, 09:22:38 PM
This makes no sense to me.  I'm unable to post my hatred for Last Days in the Van Sant forum, but able to post here?  Is this my computer or the new format?
pretty sure you can post anywhere you want.
under the paving stones.

SHAFTR

i'm now staying logged in, so that is good.

The Show Unread posts works about 75% of the time now, up from the 10% earlier.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Reinhold

it's nice to see a lot of classic avatars... stuff people hadn't used for a while.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Gamblour.

My favorite thing so far is the scrollbar within posts, if someone puts a bigass link, for example.

www.loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooongasslink.com
WWPTAD?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

That just seemed to fuck up my page, not the post.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Gamblour.

Hmm, weird. If it's going to go to the trouble of reducing the post length with a scrollbar, why not go the whole way and prevent the page from stretching out??

Edited the original post because stretched pages are annoying.
WWPTAD?