MILOS FORMAN

Started by godardian, May 28, 2003, 03:27:25 PM

MacGuffin

Forman bets on Cage-led 'Slim' biopic
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Milos Forman and Nicolas Cage are betting on a feature film about the larger-than-life gambler Amarillo Slim Preston.

Screenwriters Stephen Rivele and Christopher Wilkinson, who worked on the biopics "Ali" and "Nixon," will adapt Preston's memoir "Amarillo Slim in a World Full of Fat People: The Memoirs of the Greatest Gambler Who Ever Lived."

The project would mark Forman's first directorial outing since 1999's "Man on the Moon."

Although formal commitments have not yet been put on paper, Cage has been developing the project -- which he will star in and also produce with his Saturn Films partner Norm Golightly -- for more than a year.

"Milos, Steve and Chris are nothing less than brilliant in bringing larger-than-life characters to the screen, and no one is larger than life than Amarillo Slim," Golightly said.

Producer Braxton Pope originally proposed the project to Saturn director of development Seth Schur. Pope and Schur will be involved in the project in a production capacity along with Frank Scatoni and Greg Dinkin, both of Venture Literary. Dinkin also co-wrote the memoir.

"Amarillo Slim is an intrinsically American rebel and gambling outlaw of a stripe that doesn't exist anymore," Pope said. "His memoir will be the foundation for a great film that taps into the popularity of poker but also, on a larger scale, expresses a unique approach to life."

Amarillo Slim, who has been described as "the most famous poker player ever," was born in 1928 in Arkansas. His many claims to fame include winning the World Series of Poker in 1972 as well as a $2 million bet from Larry Flynt. He is best known for making crazy "propositional" bets, including using a broom handle to play one-pocket pool with billiards legend Minnesota Fats, using a carpenter's hammer to play golf with stunt motorcyclist Evel Knievel and using an iron skillet to play pingpong with tennis player Bobby Riggs.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

life_boy

Quote from: The Silver BulletForman also directs some of the best performances you'll ever see...

I agree.  Foreman must really have a way of working with actors, as his films seem to shine with great performances.  Hell, Cuckoo's Nest was really all about the performances.  The way he approached the use of the camera was very restrained, almost as if we're a fly on the wall of the mental ward.  He takes the time to show each member of the ward and how McMurphy's presence effects their behaviour, attitude and routine.  It's not the showcase for Nicholson that it could have been, even though he is at the top of his game in the picture.

soixante

Forman knows how to work with actors.  Cuckoo's Nest is a model of ensemble acting, as various personalities interact.  Nicholson's character acts as a catalyst, like in a chemical reaction, to induce change.
Music is your best entertainment value.

w/o horse

I came into Loves of a Blonde with no expectations at all and was blown away.  I thought it was a remarkably smart and curious film, all of it came off as natural, and it never strayed from its path.  It was loose but I didn't think there were any wasted shots, hell, I didn't think there was any wasted dialogue.  You don't see movies like this anymore, with this kind of dual passion for cinema and man.  The camera chasing the ring being chased by the man who ends up having to duck under a table of women he has offended while the people dance around him and the music is all we hear.  To let that happen, well, I think it's fucking beautiful and amazing and it's why I love movies.

Is The Fireman's Ball in the same league?  I'll jump it to the top of the ol' queue if it is goddamnit.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

SiliasRuby

Just resaw Man on the Moon and I think it's Carrey's second best performance only to Eternal Sunshine
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection