New ranks

Started by Jeremy Blackman, August 27, 2014, 11:55:09 AM

Jeremy Blackman

We've revamped our forum ranks! Now you can follow The Hero's Journey to 1,000 posts:

1 - The Call to Adventure
50 - The Road of Trials
100 - The Vision Quest
300 - The Meeting with the Goddess
450 - The Ultimate Boon
600 - The Magic Flight
800 - The Return Threshold
1000 - The Master of Two Worlds

This is now in effect. Post on, fellow adventurers...

And to our veterans, you are now all heroes. Congratulations.

polkablues

So now when you post, you're not just posting random nonsense on a message board, you're partaking in an epic journey across the deepest consciousness of human culture itself! So for god's sake, put some pants on.

Pedant's note: the original interpretation of the hero's journey laid out by Joseph Campbell contained 17 steps, which was way too goddamn many for our purposes. So we're using Phil Cousineau's streamlined variation. You'll have to work through the Woman as Temptress, Atonement with the Father, and Rescue from Without on your own time. I'm pretty sure you already have some open tabs relevant to the Woman as Temptress anyway. Again, put your pants on.

For more, read some Joseph Campbell. For the bare minimum, read the wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monomyth
My house, my rules, my coffee

jenkins

in some situations you might want to upvote a post and also say a nice thing to the person. i think polka has demonstrated such a situation in the above post