ZWAN/Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins

Started by Teddy, May 15, 2003, 07:59:46 PM

neatahwanta

Hasn't Billy had the overwhelming control over both SP and Zwan?

And if so, what the fuck does "Billy is going solo" really mean?

Just curious.

Sleuth

Quote from: neatahwantaHasn't Billy had the overwhelming control over both SP and Zwan?

And if so, what the fuck does "Billy is going solo" really mean?

Just curious.

I was wondering that too.

How about...

Will Billy's backup band for his solo career also have a female bassist and Asian guitarist (and Jimmy C)?
I like to hug dogs

European Son

It's for the best. Time for Billy Corgan's solo career.

MacGuffin

Quote from: European SonTime for Billy Corgan's solo career.

Billy Corgan Steps Out

Billboard has informed Brachman.com that former Smashing Pumpkins/Zwan leader Billy Corgan has begun work on his solo debut, as confirmed by posts by the multi-talented Corgan on his own official Web site.

"I am excited to work on this music, because for the first time in my life it will be my tunes with no compromises to anyone or anything," he writes.

"It's gonna be loud and beautiful and poetic and dumb. Just the way I like it."

While Corgan will be guiding the project, he alluded to participation from other artists. "I come in with no songs but maybe one or two, no lyrics, no band (but a few Santa's helpers lined up) and no dairy," he said.

Perhaps in reference to long-standing rumors that he erased the studio work of his Smashing Pumpkins bandmates in favor of re-recording their parts himself, he said, "some would argue that it's not my first [solo album], and I wouldn't argue with you there."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

on his site ( www.billycorgan.com ) it has a "just kidding" in parantheses after the part about it not being his first.  Great av by the way, Mac.
I like to hug dogs

TheVoiceOfNick

It seems he's all of a sudden turned into a Jesus freak... hrm... I don' t think I could handle more than what was on the Zwan album.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickIt seems he's all of a sudden turned into a Jesus freak... hrm... I don' t think I could handle more than what was on the Zwan album.

....what s wrong with him showing respect for Jesus?.......nnot to drag this into a reigious thing ..but when you say something like that i innterpret it as........

"It seems all of a sudden he loves Jesus....Thats not right"........

i donn't know just wonndering what s up.......?

Pas

Quote from: SlorgSucks to be you

HAHAHA

To me his love for wrestling is much weirder than his love for god.

I didn't know the www.billycorgan.com website, it's pretty fuckin cool. It looks like some amateur blog, only by fuckin Billy Corgan.

freakerdude

SP was the the true Corgan and Zwan was just a little between time that did not work for me. Now I am loathing the solo info....... :(
MC Pee Pants

Sleuth

the latest update to Billy's site explains the real reasons for the Pumpkins breaking up
I like to hug dogs

modage

that was sad.  i cant believe it.  they were my whole world when mellon collie came out when i was in 9th grade.  like OBSESSED BEYOND BELIEF>  :shock:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: Sloyjthe latest update to Billy's site explains the real reasons for the Pumpkins breaking up
poetry/streetcorners/urge overkill?
under the paving stones.

Sleuth

Quote from: P
Quote from: Sloyjthe latest update to Billy's site explains the real reasons for the Pumpkins breaking up
poetry/streetcorners/urge overkill?

the update from 2/17
I like to hug dogs

Sleuth

didn't somebody (mogwai?) post here a few days ago?

there's a video for his new single on http://music.yahoo.com
I like to hug dogs