motivational speakers

Started by cowboykurtis, March 17, 2003, 09:40:11 AM

cowboykurtis

i found it quite curious that requiem for a dream, magnolia, and donnie darko all had such similar characters -- tappy tibbons(requiem), TJ Macky(magnolia), swayze (darko). even though they all had very different characterizations, they all embodied the sterotypical-- motivational public speaking guru which is similiar in all.  just an observation. As inconsequential as it may be -- any thoughts?
...your excuses are your own...

Xixax

Don't forget Tony Robbins in Shallow Hal!

:-D
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Jeremy Blackman

...or Brian Cox in Adaptation?

cowboykurtis

i haven't seen shallow hal. is it worth a peep?
...your excuses are your own...

Xixax

Quote from: cowboykurtisi haven't seen shallow hal. is it worth a peep?
I don't typically like Farrely Brothers stuff, but I enjoyed it. I'd say it was easily the best of all the Farrelly Brothers films I've seen. I hated Something about mary.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

oakmanc234

Ben Stiller in 'Heavyweights'.

Hilarious. Reminds me of Frank TJ Mackey.

By the way, anybody see or remember the skit on the 2000 MTV Movie Awards where Stiller parodied Cruise characters in films M:I-2, Magnolia, Cocktail etc.

Hilarious.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

sphinx

Quote from: oakmanc234By the way, anybody see or remember the skit on the 2000 MTV Movie Awards where Stiller parodied Cruise characters in films M:I-2, Magnolia, Cocktail etc.

i posted the video of it on the old boards

:yabbse-sad:

MacGuffin

Quote from: sphinx
Quote from: oakmanc234By the way, anybody see or remember the skit on the 2000 MTV Movie Awards where Stiller parodied Cruise characters in films M:I-2, Magnolia, Cocktail etc.

i posted the video of it on the old boards

:yabbse-sad:

It's included on the MI:2 DVD.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

life_boy

©brad

"What is with people getting motivated, buying motivation books and motivation tapes? If you're motivated to buy a motivation book aren't you motivated to do the thing you need to get motivated to do? Put the book back, tell the clerk 'Fuck you I'm motivated. I'm going home." George Carlin.

Duck Sauce

My favorite Carline line:

"They say that if two airplanes almost collide, it's a near miss.  Bullshit, my friend, it's a near hit!  A collision is a near miss"

Cecil

Quote from: life_boyLet's Get Motivated

allright, they got manu!!!