Guy Who Looks Like Ebert

Started by Sleuth, August 01, 2004, 11:37:15 AM

Sleuth

It's pretty funny that he exists.  I wonder what his favourite movie is.  When I was more young I used to think he was Ebert.  What is your opinion?
I like to hug dogs

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Finn

That doesn't show crap. Picture please.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

he was the exuberant Capital Pictures president in Barton Fink.

matt35mm

Uh, I think the role to mention would be that he played President Ebert in Godzilla, the not-so-subtle jab at Siskel and Ebert.  And it also proves that he does look like Ebert a bit, and that Sleuth is not alone in his thoughts.

Sleuth

Thanks Matt, I'll be there for you when you need it.

Also, he's always looked like ebert not just, Godzilla
I like to hug dogs

pete

another guy who kinda looks like Ebert: Michael Jackson in a fat mayor suit in his movie "ghosts", a collaboration with stephen king and stanley winston.

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

UncleJoey

Quote from: luzhe was the exuberant Capital Pictures president in Barton Fink.

A fantastic performance in a great movie.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

matt35mm

Quote from: SleuthAlso, he's always looked like ebert not just, Godzilla
Yeah but when the screenplay called for a President Ebert character, the makers must've said something along the lines of, "Let's get that one guy who always looks like Ebert."  So he's obviously the go-to guy to play Ebert.

metroshane

peter lorre?  You think peter lorre looks like ebert?
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

metroshane

How silly of me.  Of course it's obvious...since you said it and all.  I'm just fascinated because I can't imagine by what set of standards you based your opinion on.  I'm always open to new ways of seeing things.  Perhaps you could enlighten me on the similarities.  

We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

Pubrick

i wasn't trying to start a manifesto.

i was guessing semi-jokingly to sleuth's vague post.

would u like to get off my nutsack now?

under the paving stones.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Pubrickwould u like to get off my nutsack now?

But there's nothing better on Xixax than get into your nutsack
Si