Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

samsong

i heard the show sold out in 10 seconds.

fuck.  (i didn't get a ticket)

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

RegularKarate

It leaked... so far, pretty enjoyable

Pubrick

i leaked.... so far, pretty enjoyable.
under the paving stones.

hedwig

it's.. thommy boy. :!: the ERASER!! the hum on the clock. breathing, Textures. happy to get under the covers.

i'm back at a place i was at a year or two ago and i'm glad. And it rained all night while I listened all day.

\\time is running out//

so far: prettttty, yes, enjoyable, yes.

makes me wanna listen to amnesiac again. BUT, maybe later after i hear THE ERASER a couple million more times.

noyes

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=F31EE6362334F1D0

got that from the at ease mb, it might run out very soon tho.
get it while you can.
or just get on slsk.
south america's my name.

modage

Quote from: Thom Yorke
It was fun and quick to do.
first impression: if this took more than an afternoon, it took too long.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

I think it's loose, not lazy, Mod.

There are some amazing tracks on here.
maybe a couple tracks that don't really find themselves, but mostly really great stuff... like a sleepy amnesiac.

Does Analyse really start like it's starting in the middle of the song or did I get a bad copy of that song?

Ghostboy

I fell asleep listening to it. But I think that's because I was laying down, and really tired. Second listen coming up now.

Jeremy Blackman

My first impression is that this is more confirmation that Radiohead hit its peak with Amnesiac. I like it a lot, but it's not on par with HTTT. I know it's a solo album... but still. Disappoingtly unmelodic.

I'm sure I will like it more after a few listenings, like it usually goes... my favorites so far are The Eraser (which I'm loving already), Harrowdown Hill, And It Rained All Night, The Clock.

hedwig

i was tired too the first time i heard it, but i stayed wide awake. . still goin'.

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on May 31, 2006, 01:34:19 PM
My first impression is that this is more confirmation that Radiohead hit its peak with Amnesiac. I like it a lot, but it's not on par with HTTT. I know it's a solo album... but still. Disappoingtly unmelodic.

I'm sure I will like it more after a few listenings, like it usually goes... my favorites so far are The Eraser (which I'm loving already), Harrowdown Hill, And It Rained All Night, The Clock.

true enough, it's good though. real good. you're right, the more you hear it the more you'll like it. but i loved it at first. now i'm ten spins through.

glad you mentioned the Clock. i love the hummmmm on that song. and the clicks, blips, beeps, beats, and buzzes. it's a layered album without being too thick.

JB what do you think of Skip Divided?

Quote from: RegularKarate on May 31, 2006, 01:04:14 PM
Does Analyse really start like it's starting in the middle of the song or did I get a bad copy of that song?

i think it's the song (or i got the same copy). the beat starts quick and he immediately sings, a self-fulfilling prophecy of endless possibilty//your warning rings across the street//in algebra, in algebra

Gold Trumpet

My first impression is that this is more confirmation that Radiohead hit its peak with Amnesiac.

Really? See, I ignore this forum for so long and I miss JB giving an opinion on Radiohead I didn't know anyone else had. All the Radiohead fans I know (including me) always looked down on Amnesiac. The consensus was the album was the quality of b-side material only. I don't even think Amnesiac is a true album. Whatever the merits are of everything else Radiohead has done, at least all the other albums are sonically whole. Amnesiac has songs at every level and is more like Sgt. Peppers but without the apology concept idea. What's your angle on the album, JB?

RegularKarate

Quote from: Hedwig on May 31, 2006, 01:52:16 PM
i think it's the song (or i got the same copy). the beat starts quick and he immediately sings, a self-fulfilling prophecy of endless possibilty//your warning rings across the street//in algebra, in algebra

see, mine doesn't even have the word "a" and I dont' think it even has the begining of the "s" in "self"... strange.

I really like the first four tracks the most... "Skip Divided" kind of starts the album headed into a less defined direction which is regains during "and it rained all night"

noyes

Disappoingtly unmelodic.

have you heard Atoms for Peace?
it's nothing but melody.
it's my favorite track on the record.
south america's my name.