Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

SHAFTR

Quote from: modagei was talking about Lucky.  if it's any indication, there new album will be their best one yet!

...Lucky is on OK Computer.

EDIT:  I'm going to assume you were being sarcastic.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

modage

Radiohead album - the band speak / Tour plans, producer and album progress revealed
Source: NME

Radiohead have revealed they plan to tour this spring, plus have given an insight into their forthcoming album.

The band, who have been working in the studio on new material during large parts of this year, say they will play some small scale UK dates in 2006 to unveil new songs to fans.

"We are going to tour next year, definitely," Ed O'Brien told Zane Lowe on his Radio 1 show last night (December 21). "Hopefully we're going to have a couple of tracks to download by about April or May. But we're going to go out in May, we're going to do some theatres because part of what we're doing is play new material. It's a good way to get your shit together."

O'Brien explained the band will do UK and European dates in May before heading to America in the summer. He said the band hoped they would have around ten new songs in their set by then.

Discussing the album itself, the guitarist said there was no confirmed release date yet, but said Radiohead planned more recording sessions in February.

"We've been talking to (producer) Mark 'Spike' Stent, who's worked with Madonna and Bjork and hopefully in February we'll reconvene with him," said O'Brien. "We've got some great songs but we won't release something we're not happy with. The thing with Radiohead is that each record has a different sound, it's really hard finding something that's different and sits well with us."

With the band planning to work with Stent, O'Brien confirmed their long-term producer Nigel Godrich would not be involved in the new record.

"It's not an end of an era, (but) part of what your realise as a band is that all those records you made with Nigel, apart from 'Hail To The Thief' we were a little bit in the comfort zone," he explained. "That's why you make records like 'Kid A' after 'OK Computer', that's why you make 'OK Computer' after 'The Bends', you've got to do stuff that you're scared of doing. With Nigel, we've been working together for 10 years, and we all love one another too much."
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

Radiohead Recording Nude/Big Ideas (Don't Get Any)
Source: Pitchfork

Speaking of Radiohead, the internet is presently a-buzz with news that the lads have resurrected the OK Computer-era track "Nude" for inclusion on their forthcoming studio record. Also known as "Big Ideas (Don't Get Any)", the recorded version will reportedly feature a string quartet. Wrote Thom on the always-quotable Radiohead blog:

"jonny is hastily writing out scores for a string quartet who are comign tommoro. right now we are working on nude, it sounds beautiful, as far as i can tell. i hope we dont get i'll. there is a lot of sickness about. especially for the children."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
that is awesome.  hopefully they wont fuck it up.

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: modage on February 23, 2006, 03:52:45 PM
"jonny is hastily writing out scores for a string quartet who are comign tommoro. right now we are working on nude, it sounds beautiful, as far as i can tell. i hope we dont get i'll. there is a lot of sickness about. especially for the children."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does he write his own lyrics?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

tpfkabi

yessssss..........i am so excited. that is the song my username comes from. i hope they stick closely to the hammond organ version like on MPIE. i didn't know it at the time, but it may make it sound a little too much like Whiter Shade of Pale, but i just love that song. i always get so excited when they update a lot on their doings. "wellverb" looks insane. i guess they lowered a speaker down into a well.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Pubrick

Quote from: modage on February 23, 2006, 03:52:45 PM
yeah, hopefully the greatest heart surgeon who ever lived won't fuck up that heart operation.

let em do their job. they know what they're doing.
under the paving stones.

Alexandro

Quote from: BonBon85 on January 17, 2003, 09:50:49 PM
You have to admit Radiohead was pretty cool before they became uber-pretentious. I'll listen to their stuff up until Kid A.

Why is Kid A pretentious? Why is Amnesiac or Hail to the Thief pretentious? Whats so pretentious about them?? Please, I wanna know. Cause I prefer anything Radiohead releases in this new "pretentious" phase, to pretty much anything that anyone else releases these days....what's so pretentious about good music that doesn't correspond to the norm??? Is it that they don't make specific singles anymore?? They don't rock like they used to??? Please, I need someone to eloquently elaborate on this cause it's been years and people still say theyre pretentious just for making experimental records...

Pubrick

Quote from: Alexandro on February 24, 2006, 01:01:42 PM
You have to admit Radiohead was pretty cool before they became uber-pretentious. I'll listen to their stuff up until Kid A.

Why is Kid A pretentious? Why is Amnesiac or Hail to the Thief pretentious? Whats so pretentious about them?? Please, I wanna know.
well you're not gonna get a defense from the person you quoted. RIP.
under the paving stones.

Alexandro

Quote from: Pubrick on February 24, 2006, 01:02:48 PM
Quote from: Alexandro on February 24, 2006, 01:01:42 PM

Why is Kid A pretentious? Why is Amnesiac or Hail to the Thief pretentious? Whats so pretentious about them?? Please, I wanna know.
well you're not gonna get a defense from the person you quoted. RIP.

Fuck, I don't even know why I quoted that....2003?!??! Gotta stop smoking this shit.

sickfins

Quote from: Alexandro on February 24, 2006, 01:31:29 PM
Fuck, I don't even know why I quoted that....2003?!??! Gotta stop smoking this shit.

i did exactly the same thing yesterday

no joke.  how did i not realize i was looking at page one   :yabbse-undecided:

modage

Radiohead Music in Film, Thom Yorke Goes Solo
Source: Pitchfork

Richard Linklater, Keanu Reeves, Philip K. Dick, Thom Yorke. What do these people have in common? A movie, of course.

Verifying a rumor that has been floating around the interweb for months, Entertainment Weekly revealed last week that Radiohead will contribute music to Before Sunrise / School of Rock director Richard Linklater's adaptation of Philip K. Dick's cult science fiction book A Scanner Darkly. The film, which stars Keanu Reeves, is due in theaters July 7.

Although the band won't be responsible for the flick's entire score, Warner Independent Pictures told EW that A Scanner Darkly will "feature music by Radiohead, including a brand-new track from lead singer Thom Yorke's upcoming solo release." We're eager to watch Keanu Reev-- wait, WHAT? A Thom Yorke solo album?!?! Since when did he go all Beyonce on us? Or rather, since when did he go all Jonny Greenwood?

Of course, Radiohead keeps its official news guarded like the Pentagon, so we'll have to wait until some huge corporate magazine finds out what's going on before we can give you more information on Thom's solo jawn.

As for the new Radiohead album, we can only assume that's what Yorke was referring to last week when he posted on Radiohead's blog a week ago about "furiously writing, working out parts. cracking up. not much time left. unshure about everything." Unless he's coming up with a new soufflé recipe.

Yorke and Greenwood will perform at Friends of the Earth's The Big Ask Live benefit concert at KoKo in London on May 1. The charity event is sold out, but scalpers are selling tickets online for obscene sums of money. Naturally, this makes the band, and the charity, very angry. Buy one of those, and you are an Enemy of the Earth.

Radiohead have also slowly started fleshing out their summer touring plans. They will perform at the Sziget Festival in Hungary sometime between August 9 and 16, at the V Festival at Weston Park in Staffordshire, England on August 20, and, of course, at Bonnaroo in Tennessee on June 16-18.

hedwig

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS.

I just collapsed into a twitchy, quivering ball of excitement.

RegularKarate

There was a radiohead (or just Yorke) song at the end of the film that I don't think I've ever heard before.

tpfkabi

Quote from: RegularKarate on March 21, 2006, 04:55:38 PM
There was a radiohead (or just Yorke) song at the end of the film that I don't think I've ever heard before.

you got to see the movie already?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Pubrick

Quote from: bigideas on March 21, 2006, 06:52:36 PM
Quote from: RegularKarate on March 21, 2006, 04:55:38 PM

you got to see the movie already?
yes, as revealed in the movie's thread.
under the paving stones.