The Kid Stays in the Picture?

Started by Ernie, March 09, 2003, 11:50:44 AM

Ernie

Where the fuck has this awesome movie been? It should have come out on dvd months ago, its theatrical release was july 26th of last year. Is it not getting a dvd or something? This was definitely one of my top ten films of 2002, I hope it gets one. Can macguffin do anything for me here? Anybody?

Duck Sauce

Has anybody here seen this? I heard it was pretty entertaining and have had it on my Netflix queue forever.

MacGuffin

The Kid Stays in the Picture, a highly entertaining documentary on the life of Hollywood legend Robert Evans, will be released on July 15th. Presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, extras include audio commentary by directors Brett Morgan and Nannette Burstein, "The Truth According to Bob" and "The Truth According to Others" featurettes and trailers. Retail is $27.95.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

read the book if you haven't already -- one of the most entertianing memoirs i've ever read -- wonderful -- bob evans is the man -- im convinced he takes showers in white cashmere turtle necks...
...your excuses are your own...

Ernie

Quote from: MacGuffinThe Kid Stays in the Picture, a highly entertaining documentary on the life of Hollywood legend Robert Evans, will be released on July 15th. Presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, extras include audio commentary by directors Brett Morgan and Nannette Burstein, "The Truth According to Bob" and "The Truth According to Others" featurettes and trailers. Retail is $27.95.

Alright, finally. Thank you Mac.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

the The Truth According to Others part could be really fucking funny

as much as i love robert evans he blows things up and gives himself a lot of credit

" francis wanted to cast marty allen, to play the godfather "

Victor

i hear this is gonna be on hbo first, for america undercover. late may i think.
are you gonna eat with us too?

lamas

It was on HBO last night.  I saw it suckers!  Very entertaining.

Xixax

Yeah, I caught it on HBO. It was extremely well done.

Oddly, the subject matter didn't catch me as much as the method of filmmaking did. It was superbly assembled.

They did a whole lot of pan-and-scan stuff, but it was out of the ordinary. They used cutouts of images that made regular pictures have a 3-d feel.

It was really well done.

You don't see the current Evans in there at all. You just hear his voice, and the old pictures.

I haven't seen anything quite like it before. It was very, very good.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Ernie

Did you guys hear that Wes Anderson wants to do a narrative movie about Evans? Yeah, I guess he really loved The Kid Stays and wants to do something with him in the distant future...after the Life Aquatic picture he's doing of course. I think it sounds awesome.

lamas

Oh yeah, what about that Dustin Hoffman impression of Evans during the credits?  Was that hilarious or what?

modage

saw it on HBO.  liked it a lot. really interesting.  pretty strange it was on HBO before it came to DVD isnt it?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ernie

Quote from: lamasOh yeah, what about that Dustin Hoffman impression of Evans during the credits?  Was that hilarious or what?

I freaking laughed so hard. I'm glad I taped the whole thing with the credits and all...I love that guy, I gotta see more of his movies. I've only seen the Graduate.

MacGuffin

If anyone's interested, it comes out next Tuesday (Aug. 19th).

- Screen-specific audio commentary
- 8 Featurettes
- Gag reel
- Filmographies
- Theatrical trailer
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ernie

Aha, very very nice...I'll be sure to pick it up with my copy of All the Real Girls.