Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

Gold Trumpet

don't want to be hated. I just say what I say and am hated by some people. I don't directly begin to offend anyone. If I ever do it, it is always in responce to another direct attack.

~rougerum

Dirk

"Go to Sleep" is set to be the follow up single for HTTT. Also, there is a remix of Scatterbrain currently being worked on.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Dirk"Go to Sleep" is set to be the follow up single for HTTT

yes, yes, yes, YES.

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman"Wolf at the Door" really sounds incredible... the next single?

modage

hmm... heres something i have a little complaint about.  does Thom Yorke have to mumble through the whole new cd?  didnt he used to ennunciate?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

sphinx

Quote from: themodernage02didnt he used to ennunciate?

:yabbse-undecided:

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: themodernage02does Thom Yorke have to mumble through the whole new cd?  didnt he used to ennunciate?

Have you heard Amnesiac?

Victor

he enunciates more on this acoustic albim i have, i guess it fits for acoustic, but it takes away from the feeling. imagine Motion Picture Soundtrack clear as a bell, or Paranoid Android without all the insane jabbering/slurring. what would be the point? I love that the vocals are treated more as an instument than just a bunch of words that need to be heard. Its all about the sound and feeling. If you like it youll keep listening to it and then pay attention and try to crack what hes saying, but on the first few listens, just go with it and enjoy thom's voice for what it is. Maybe youll start hearing shit if you stop trying so hard to listen.
are you gonna eat with us too?

modage

hmm, its not that i cant figure out what he is saying.  its that he really sounds like he is mumbling thru all the words on the whole album!  yes, i have heard amnesiac.  but it kind of made more sense with that being their "refusal to write songs and have melodies", but with this being their triumphant return to form, i seem to remember the last time they wrote songs, him singing them differently.  
i really dont think it would take away from all the feeling.  in fact, just the opposite,  i feel like OKComputer has more feeling than this album will ever have because his voice seems like it cares.  he whispers, , he screams, he yearns, he sings his heart out.  but on this album his refusal to really dive into his words makes it seem more halfassed and has less emotion.  
(as for MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK i actually would prefer it if he did sing a little more.  i used to have some live version of that song a  year or so before it came out on KID A and it had another verse and certainly was more of a straighforward, verse chorus verse chorus guitar type of thing that i got so used to i never really got intot he album version! i guess thats my own fault though. :( )
its not that i dont like this album.  the melodies, like i said, have really gotten inside my head already. but today i was just noticing that he was kind of mumbling his way through EVERY SONG.  whether it seems to fit the mood or not.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Dirk

You can't understand him on "I Will"?
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Victor

im getting up early tomorrow and trying to score tix for the $2 show at Beacon Theatre. Wish me luck!

Dirk

Quote from: Lesterim getting up early tomorrow and trying to score tix for the $2 show at Beacon Theatre. Wish me luck!

Good luck! I'll be seeing the show at a movie theatre, as that show is being broadcast across several Famous Players screens across Canada.

Victor

Quote from: Dirk

Good luck! I'll be seeing the show at a movie theatre, as that show is being broadcast across several Famous Players screens across Canada.

thats cool man, canada's getteing pretty killer - first, weed legalization and now this!

its also gonna be on mtv2 june 17 for all us south of the border fans.

sphinx

i received this today in the email

Dear [sphinx],

Hope you are well
Thank you for your entry for the Radiohead video comp.

It's taken a while but at last we have managed to get through all the
hundreds of submissions!!
The competition has been a great success with loads of films being sent to
us.

I'm sorry to say that your short film has not been selected for Radiohead.
Including yours, we have seen lots of great, high quality films over the
last few weeks,  however, as we can only use a limited amount of films, we
have had to be strict and let some go! It's been very hard!!

If you would like your film returned to you please let us know, with your
address, within 7 days of this email after this we will not be able to do
this for you!! (sorry)

Thanks again!!!
Best Wishes
Roz

c/o Dilly Gent

that was this short i showed you all a while ago

MacGuffin

Those bastards! Boycott Radiohead! Who is with me? Dirk?

Can we see still see it, sphinx? In the Feature Presentation forum, please?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

Yeah. And you still owe us an animated short.  :yabbse-sad: