PTA's New Short Film "Couch"

Started by depooter, May 05, 2003, 12:27:29 PM

Xixax

PS: The plan, when I get Greg's DVD, is to make it available online in DVD quality, Video CD quality, and multiple Windows Media formats. That should satisfy any hungry appetite.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Recce

Quote from: sphinxhmm, yeah, i could actually do that myself with my camera!  i doubt that pta sent greg a dvd with copy protection on it, so it could work.

Even if its copy protected, it should work. I can capture any DVD. It only scrambles it if you try to record. If it scrambled it automatically, if you hooked up your DVD player through you VCR, it would get scrambled.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

Sal

Quote from: XixaxPS: The plan, when I get Greg's DVD, is to make it available online in DVD quality, Video CD quality, and multiple Windows Media formats. That should satisfy any hungry appetite.

Please don't forget the macheads!  Mov!

So.. whats the progress on this... Do you need more help? Do you need hosting space?
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

sphinx

Quote from: 82So.. whats the progress on this... Do you need more help? Do you need hosting space?

i believe xixax has it all under control---he has all of the hosting space anyone could ever need.

bonanzataz

Hint for those trying to get DVD footage onto your computers w/o macrovision protection...

for windows: smartripper
for mac: 0sex

you guys aren't the computer nerds i thought you all were.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

RegularKarate

Quote from: bonanzatazHint for those trying to get DVD footage onto your computers w/o macrovision protection...
for mac: 0sex
you guys aren't the computer nerds i thought you all were.

Yes... but the method with the camera would save you a lot of hassle.

With Osex, you can copy a disk image to your drive and that's lovely, unless you want to burn the disk and it's dual layered (which the majority of dvds are)... If it's dual layered, you have to rip all the files that you're gonna use and throw away the rest (menus, commentary, DTS Track, etc...) then go into DVD Studio Pro and put it back together so it will fit on a 4.7GB disk.

brockly

this whole thing sounds weird to me. are you saying that the run time is only 2 1/2 minutes??

"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

Xixax

Files complete and uploaded. Watch ptanderson.com for download information.

Have patience, though. I've throttled the downloads and limited the number of users do we don't get killed with bandwidth bills.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Xixax

OK, Greg has given me permission to let you guys know first... He'll put this in his news later.

The video can be viewed online now. Get it here:

Windows Media 56k Streaming Video:

MPEG2 Video CD Quality (22.1 MB):
ftp://ptanderson.com/couch_vcd.mpg

MPEG2 DVD Quality (125 MB):
ftp://ptanderson.com/couch_dvd.mpg

DOWNLOAD NOTES:
The two MPEG movies are being transferred via anonymous FTP. The FTP server (in order to avoid massive bandwidth usage costs) is being throttled to 24 simultaneous users, and transfer speeds are throttled to 2.5k per second. The 56k Streaming Video does not have this constraint and can be viewed by hundreds of simultaneous users at maximum network speeds. So, watch the 56k version to get your fix, and then if you decide that the video is something that you really want to own for your file collection, feel free to take the time to download the whole high-quality thing. But be patient. It's going to take you awhile. This isn't a network issue. We're doing it this way on purpose so we don't get hit with hundreds of dollars worth of bandwidth fees.

If anyone would like to mirror the files, please let me know and I will get them to you.

BIG THANK YOUS TO GREG MARIOTTI AT HTTP://ptanderson.com FOR GIVING XIXAX THE SCOOP ON THE FILE DOWNLOAD, AND OF COURSE TO PTA THE MAN HIMSELF FOR MAKING IT AVAILABLE TO HIS RABID FANS!
[/size]

godardian

I just began my download, so I should be able to to discuss the film in... oh, 'bout 24 hours, according to my download manager.

I appreciate the opportunity to download it, though. Hope it works.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Xixax

It's FTP, so if you have any connection problems, at least you can resume the download.
[/size]

godardian

I have DSL, so hopefully there won't be...
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

bonanzataz

i enjoyed it for what it was. short, sweet, small little gag film. it feels like it was fun to make. just a fun thing to do on the weekend when you have a set, a camera, dolly track and adam sandler lying around.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls