minority report---pta

Started by sphinx, January 10, 2003, 10:20:58 PM

RegularKarate

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanWay back in my shameful Blockbuster days, I used to have to explain to people why the top and bottom of their movie was being covered up by big black things. I often recommended that they look somewhere else for widescreen versions of movies. And when people asked for the Requiem DVD, I told them to rent the unrated version from Hollywood Video. I think my manager was catching on when I resigned.  :oops:

That was the same thing with me when I worked at Hollywood (I had to tell them why the picture was "broken").
I also had to send people to the independant video stores when they said some guy from Blockbuster told them we had the unrated version of Requiem for a Dream.

bonanzataz

My entire family used to HATE those black bars. I brought home About a Boy from blockbuster today and my mom was so disappointed when she found out it was full screen. I said, why the sudden change? She said, You turned me on to the black bars, it's more cinematic.

It brought a tear to my eye.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

life_boy

Quote from: bonanzatazMy entire family used to HATE those black bars. I brought home About a Boy from blockbuster today and my mom was so disappointed when she found out it was full screen. I said, why the sudden change? She said, You turned me on to the black bars, it's more cinematic.

It brought a tear to my eye.

Hell yeah!  It's good to hear of a success in the 'mission field'!  I too have converted my family to widescreen.  It's a great feeling.

danniedorko

yeah i searched for him in the scene too and i think he may be in the background when TC walks out of the subway car. You have to freeze the frames but look closely in the background and one man is not moving while everyone else does. It could very well be...

Jon

Okay...I know where he is: We see Crowe. Behind him we see Diaz. Behind her we see the back of PTA's head.

©brad

oooohhhhhh. I see. okay.

now what do we do?

sphinx

in the time that this thread was originally posted and now, i have learned that pta was cut from the film

:yabbse-sad:

Jon

Quote from: sphinxin the time that this thread was originally posted and now, i have learned that pta was cut from the film

Hmm. It still looks like his head to me...

©brad

Quote from: sphinxin the time that this thread was originally posted and now, i have learned that pta was cut from the film

when did you learn that, and from what source?