Gabriel Byrne

Started by Gloria, October 06, 2003, 11:46:27 AM

Gloria

I think this guy is a smoldering, charismatic performer. His work in The Usual Suspects and Stigmata were really impressive. I read that he studied to be a priest in Ireland.  What does everyone else think of him?  I think he is an underused actor who deserves better roles than End of Days.

SoNowThen

He's great.

Particularily in Millers Crossing.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

molly

I like when he speaks with an irish accent.

NEON MERCURY

he's badassssssssss...

esp. in spiDer

ElPandaRoyal

I think "charismatic" says it all. There's something on his eyes and on his face that just seems threatening and powerful. He's great.
Si

Derek237

I liked his show, Maddigen Men. It was pretty funny. Too bad they cancelled it though, damn ABC. But I guess he is just too big for a small screen.  :wink:

Vile5

Quote from: SoNowThenHe's great.

Particularily in Millers Crossing.

yeahhh Millers Crossing what a good movie!

i liked him in The Usual Suspects too, well this movie is great, i loved it! is one of my favorites...
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

MacGuffin

For Gloria:

Bloom, Paxton & Byrne Starring in Haven
Source: Variety

Orlando Bloom, Bill Paxton and Gabriel Byrne will star in Haven, which is financed by El Camino Pictures. Frank E. Flowers will make his feature directing debut from his own script.

The movie takes place over the course of one weekend. Two shady businessmen flee to the Cayman Islands to avoid federal prosecution. Their escape ignites a chain reaction that leads a British native to commit a crime that changes the country.

Rounding out the cast are Victor Rasuk, Joy Bryant and Anthony Mackie. The producers are Robbie Brenner and Yari, with Bloom co-producing.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gloria

Quote from: MacGuffinFor Gloria:

Bloom, Paxton & Byrne Starring in Haven
Source: Variety

Orlando Bloom, Bill Paxton and Gabriel Byrne will star in Haven, which is financed by El Camino Pictures. Frank E. Flowers will make his feature directing debut from his own script.

The movie takes place over the course of one weekend. Two shady businessmen flee to the Cayman Islands to avoid federal prosecution. Their escape ignites a chain reaction that leads a British native to commit a crime that changes the country.

Rounding out the cast are Victor Rasuk, Joy Bryant and Anthony Mackie. The producers are Robbie Brenner and Yari, with Bloom co-producing.

Rock on! That is gonna be awesome. Thanks Mac!