Seinfeld

Started by SoNowThen, May 09, 2003, 02:02:58 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Season 4 has some of the best... particularly the Bubble Boy, the Junior Mint, the Smelly Car, and the Implant...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Kal

The Contest is the best one ever!

modage

Title: Seinfeld
Released: 22nd November 2005
SRP: $49.95

Further Details
Columbia has announced the fifth and sixth seasons of Seinfeld, both of which will arrive from the 22nd November this year. Each will arrive as a four-disc package, with extra material such as commentaries, notes about bothing, episode specific mini making-of documentaries, deleted scenes, bloopers and more. You'll also be able to own a double-pack release from the same day. The eight-disc package will include all of the above, along with a handwritten script reproduction for the double-length finale episode "The Pilot", and a miniature "Puffy" t-shirt which Jerry wears in the second episode of the fifth season. We've attached some small package shots at the link below... http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=7672&n=1&burl=

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wow, two at once again.  they're really going to be hitting up those xmas dollars.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

They're really cranking them out.  And they're jam-packed too.

killafilm

You are in for a treat.

polkablues

Quote from: Garam on December 17, 2005, 03:40:59 PM
I sure hope it didn't fall into a decline.

Buckle up.  Seasons Four, Five, and Six are the pinnacle.
My house, my rules, my coffee

abuck1220

I have 6 more series of BRAND NEW episodes to watch. .

i think i speak for everybody when i say i'm very, very jealous.

Pubrick

i'm not, they only get better with repeat viewings.

especially when you know you can quote any line from it and your friends all get it. that's the preciousness of seinfeld, and the simpsons for that matter.
under the paving stones.

Ravi

Quote from: polkablues on December 17, 2005, 07:37:27 PM
I sure hope it didn't fall into a decline.

Buckle up.  Seasons Four, Five, and Six are the pinnacle.

Seven through nine are considered the "bad seasons" though they're still hilarious and better than anything else on TV at the time or now.  They fell into pop culture references (for example, Newman doing The Wolf's "Time is of the essence" speech) and ratched up the unlikeability of the characters.  But don't consider avoiding the last three seasons.

SoNowThen

Quote from: Pubrick on December 17, 2005, 10:05:45 PM
i'm not, they only get better with repeat viewings.

especially when you know you can quote any line from it and your friends all get it. that's the preciousness of seinfeld, and the simpsons for that matter.

oh man, is that ever the truth. Anytime ANYONE makes any remark about eating chicken, I say "mess you up". I'll be sitting around and just very subtly (to me) toss out a litte Sein-quote, and all the North Americans in the room start smiling, while all the Brits and the rest of the Europeans just stare.

Which is a fun blank slate, too, when you think about it, and one of the cool things about having an Eastern European girlfriend. When I introduce her to things like Bob Dylan music or Seinfeld, I say it is "the best, of all time, ever, in America" and it goes unquestioned.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

sheshothim

Quote from: Garam on March 24, 2006, 06:33:46 PM
And George is one of the alltime classic fictional characters, in any medium.

Isn't George based off Larry David? Not that I'm saying "You idiot!!!!", but is that true?
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

MacGuffin

Seinfeld S7 Due
Nothing doing in Nov. with the latest Seinfeld set.

On November 21, 2006, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will release Seinfeld - Season 7 on DVD. The classic sitcom about nothing in particular features some outrageous moments in the series' lifespan, including the antics of the Soup Nazi. It will feature tons of bonus materials and extra features. It will be available for the MSRP of $49.95.

The Seinfeld - Season 7 DVD will feature the following bonus materials:

New interviews with the cast and creators
Two all-new animated "Sein-Imation" features
Commentaries on select episodes with creators and cast members
Factoid track on each episode
Bloopers
Deleted Scenes
Never-before-seen stand up routines

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

"Seinfeld" DVD boxed set in works

One of the most popular TV series of all time is about to go out with a bang -- again.

When "Seinfeld" went off the air in May 1998, its two-part finale scored huge ratings, with more than 75 million people tuning in. TV Land paid tribute to the celebrated sitcom about a neurotic New Yorker and his bumbling pals by airing no programming that night in the show's time slot, instead showing a photo of a closed office door.

Now, "Seinfeld" is about to end its complete-season run on DVD. Season 9, a four-disc set with all 24 episodes from its final season, will be released November 6 by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

That same day, consumers will be able to buy an elaborate boxed set with all nine seasons. "Seinfeld: The Complete Series" weighs in at 32 discs and carries a suggested list price of $283.95. That buys consumers not just all 180 episodes but also a wealth of bonus features, both electronic and physical.

The highlight: a 226-page coffee-table book filled with photos, quotes, trivia and personal reflections from star Jerry Seinfeld.

"When the show wrapped, the book, which had taken years to assemble, was privately shared with only the cast and crew," said Marc Rashba, vp marketing at Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. "When we were launching the TV-DVD series sets five years ago, we loved it so much, but we took a look, and it was ridiculously expensive to put it out. Now, we reshaped and redesigned it, and we were able to make it happen. It's the first time the public will get to see it."

The book comes with a bonus DVD featuring a first-ever cast reunion round-table discussion with Seinfeld, co-creator Larry David and co-stars Jason Alexander, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Michael Richards. The hourlong discussion finds the cast and David together again on the ninth anniversary of the series finale.

Other special features in the boxed set are documentaries on all nine seasons, bloopers, deleted scenes, commentaries and more.

"We talked about this from the beginning, when we launched this," Rashba said. "We always knew we wanted to wrap up with something special."

From the start, Sony Pictures' "Seinfeld" DVD season sets were lauded for their innovative special features. Season 9 is no exception, including such novel extras as a restructured version of "The Betrayal," the notorious reverse-playing episode, shown going forward.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

So I saw Jerry today at a standup show in Miami. It was so great. I saw him many times doing standup, so I knew most of the material he had, but still he is just a funny character. Had a blast. The best part is that he said at the end that they started to talk more seriously about doing a Seinfeld reunion soon, as its been 10 years already since the show ended. He said as soon as they are sure that their careers hit rock bottom, it will happen!

I Love a Magician

watched through seasons 5, 6, and 7 here recently then tried season 8.

season 8 is horrible