Trust Me

Started by Kal, February 20, 2009, 09:09:05 PM

Kal

So this is the new TNT show about two guys who work at an advertising agency.

I was curious so I downloaded a couple of episodes. I was wondering if anybody here has seen it. I know there is a few guys here that work on ad agencies, so it would be good to know their point of view.

Anybody?

Stefen

I work in advertising. Is this a drama about how nobody is advertising and nobody working in advertising is making any commissions? If so, yeah, it's pretty realistic.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

Quote from: Stefen on February 20, 2009, 09:10:51 PM
I work in advertising. Is this a drama about how nobody is advertising and nobody working in advertising is making any commissions? If so, yeah, it's pretty realistic.

LOL. That is true but doubt anybody wants to watch. It's a comedy.

MacGuffin

I dunno 'bout this show, but Leverage on TNT has grown on me.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

This show is basically a modern-day Mad Men, but without the interesting characters or themes or anything really at all that makes Mad Men a great show.  But it's the only thing on Mondays at 10, so there you have it.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

Quote from: polkablues on February 21, 2009, 01:53:29 AM
This show is basically a modern-day Mad Men, but without the interesting characters or themes or anything really at all that makes Mad Men a great show.  But it's the only thing on Mondays at 10, so there you have it.

Well, come on, I didn't even mention Mad Men because the only similarity is that they are about advertising people, but one is drama while the other is comedy, one is set in the 60's and the other one today, one takes itself seriously and has incredible deep characters and the other one obviously does not. That does not make Trust Me bad, its in a different league completely.

polkablues

Yeah, that might not be a fair comparison.  But regardless of how it stacks up against any other show, Trust Me only ever reaches the level of adequate.  It's one of those shows that's just good enough to catch an audience, but forgettable enough that in a couple years we'll be seeing it in the TV Guide listings and going, "That show's still on the air?"
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

TNT cancels 'Trust Me'
Freshman drama starred Eric McCormack, Tom Cavanagh
By Nellie Andreeva

TNT has sealed the fate of its low-rated freshman drama "Trust Me," officially canceling the ad agency-set series starring Eric McCormack and Tom Cavanagh.

The show garnered middling reviews, and speculation about its pending demise has been swirling since its underwhelming Jan. 26 premiere, which drew 3.4 million viewers, losing 50% of its "Closer" lead-in.

A week later, "Trust Me" dropped to 1.9 million viewers.

In another sign the show was on its way out, star McCormack last month booked a broadcast pilot, ABC's untitled Tad Quill comedy.

Weeks before the "Trust Me" premiere, TNT picked up three new drama series to premiere later this year: Ray Romano's "Men of a Certain Age," the Jada Pinkett Smith-starring medical drama "Time Heals" and the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced cop drama "The Line," starring Dylan McDermott.

Also under consideration is Boston-set pilot "Bunker Hill."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

That sucks. This show isn't so bad. I never watched Ed but I might now that I realized how awesome Tom Cavanagh is.