I Vitelloni

Started by classical gas, January 24, 2004, 03:26:29 AM

classical gas

I just found out that this film is being re-released.  I have been desperately trying to see this film for a long time, but it doesn't appear to be out on dvd, and it's very rare on vhs.  Does anyone have any info on if it's going to be a limited release or what?  This is the best news I've heard in a long, long time, unless of course it's not playing anywhere near me, which will probably be the case...

context, context, context.

classical gas

thanks chuck, but alas, nowhere near where i live, unless i make a road trip to florida...

SoNowThen

Well, at least you can expect a nice Criterion dvd coming soon.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

classical gas

god, i hope so...i think this is the only fellini film i can't get a hold of, and it's supposed to be one of his greatest...of course, that's always been a debatable issue