Loro

Started by SaunchSmilax, May 17, 2019, 05:46:08 PM

SaunchSmilax

Does anybody know where you can watch Paulo Sorrentino's Loro? Preferably Parts 1 & 2 but at this point would even take the mega-cut he made for the international market.

I'm going crazy not being able to watch Toni Servillo as Berlusconi and it doesn't seem like it'll be coming out in the US anytime soon.
"All I ever wanted was a cool '78 'Vette and a house in the country."

wilder

The UK Blu-ray comes out in about a month. If that's not an option for you, I'd expect it to show up "elsewhere" around that time.

SaunchSmilax

Quote from: wilder on May 17, 2019, 06:27:42 PM
The UK Blu-ray comes out in about a month. If that's not an option for you, I'd expect it to show up "elsewhere" around that time.

Thank you!!! Definitely ordering this.

SaunchSmilax

Watched this the other night and haven't stopped thinking about it. Sorrentino seems to make two kinds of films. The first one is the one he's famous for – the visually dazzling Fellini-esque poems about life, love, and Italia (Great Beauty, Youth). The second one is the slow-burn, psychological dramas often dealing with politics and the mafia (Il Divo, Consequences of Love).

With Loro it's almost like Sorrentino is trying to fuse the two together. I was particularly surprised at how likable Toni Servillo is as Berlusconi – almost as if Sorrentino is trying to make us fall for him in the same way the Italian people fell for Berlusconism.

I'll have to see it as Loro 1 and Loro 2 eventually. Watched the international cut so I'm sure it plays differently.