Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Started by jenkins, December 03, 2017, 05:47:53 PM

jenkins

QuoteSet in Los Angeles in the summer of 1969, Tarantino's upcoming movie focuses on a male TV actor who's had one hit series and is looking for a way to get into the film business. His sidekick—who's also his stunt double—is looking for the same thing. The horrific murder of Sharon Tate and four of her friends by Charles Manson's cult of followers serves as a backdrop to the main story.

August 9, 2019 release date. 50th anniversary of the Tate murders..

Budget estimated at $100mil. Production rumored for June 2018 in Los Angeles.

Brad Pitt is reportedly rumored for the detective role who investigates the murders; Jennifer Lawrence is repoedly rumored for a role as a member of the Manson Family; Margot Robbie will reportedly be doing the role of Sharon Tate.

Jared Leto stated on an interview Conan in 2017 that he was offered the role of Charles Manson.

wilberfan

Quote from: jenkins on December 03, 2017, 05:47:53 PM
QuoteSet in Los Angeles in the summer of 1969, Tarantino's upcoming movie focuses on a male TV actor who's had one hit series and is looking for a way to get into the film business. His sidekick—who's also his stunt double—is looking for the same thing. The horrific murder of Sharon Tate and four of her friends by Charles Manson's cult of followers serves as a backdrop to the main story.

Budget estimated at $100mil.

Jesus.  $100,000,000.00 is a lot of money. 

Drenk

I hope Jared Leto won't be the new Mélanie Laurent.
Ascension.

jenkins

i gotta admit that i wouldn't mind being generally bothered by the actor chosen to play Manson.

Lempwick

Quote from: jenkins on December 03, 2017, 05:47:53 PM

August 9, 2019 release date. 50th anniversary of the Tate murders..

Budget estimated at $100mil. Production rumored for June 2018 in Los Angeles.

Brad Pitt is reportedly rumored for the detective role who investigates the murders; Jennifer Lawrence is repoedly rumored for a role as a member of the Manson Family; Margot Robbie will reportedly be doing the role of Sharon Tate.

Jared Leto stated on an interview Conan in 2017 that he was offered the role of Charles Manson.

For the Mary Harron film presumably, not this. 

jenkins

that's a nice catch

jenkins

EXCLUSIVE: Leonardo DiCaprio has said yes to starring in Quentin Tarantino's new movie, which will reteam the actor and director from 2012's Django Unchained. The new film, Tarantino's ninth as director, was scooped up by Sony and already has an August 9, 2019 release date. The deal is expected to close soon, and this will become DiCaprio's first film since he won the Oscar for The Revenant.

Robyn

more on leo's role

QuoteWhat he plays, more specifically, is an actor who had his own Western show, Bounty Law, that ran on the air from 1958 to 1963. His attempt to transition to movies didn't work out and in 1969 — the film is set at the height of hippy Hollywood movement– he's guesting on other people's shows while contemplating going to Italy which has become a hotbed for low-budget Westerns.

Something Spanish

Ya'll think SONY will drop #9 now after his ignorant defense of Polanski in 03 has resurfaced? Shouldn't all of the Academy voters who awarded him best director that year also get equally slammed? It's crazy when a 15 year old Howard Stern interview can tank your $100 milli movie.

jenkins

idk, no one knows. adding to the complexity of the situation is the fact that Polanski deserves sympathy regarding the murder of Sharon Tate. i don't even like to type that sentence but of course he does. i don't like to type that sentence because potential sympathy for Polanski doesn't outweigh, isn't more important than, the tragedy of Sharon Tate's murder. the cause is more devastating than the effect.

and the problem is that illuminating that type of sympathy, provoking that type of sympathy, misplaces emotions for a man who committed an indefensible act. so even if QT wipes away his defense, there's still the matter of Polanski in his movie. although it's better for both him and us that this is being considered sooner rather than later, it's not an easy situation.

Alethia

ono

Bad title.  Cliche, overlong, and doesn't tell you much of anything.

Gold Trumpet

Title isn't great, but he's such a Leone disciple that his career dictated he had to use a variation of "Once Upon A Time" at some point. Just getting it out of the way here.

Alethia

I dig it. Ten years ago I might have scoffed, but not now. (Frankly, I think #9 would have worked as a title, too.)

jenkins

in many other holly scenarios DiCaprio and Pitt would be friends in some lame ass movie i couldn't give two fucks about, and it's because of QT that i can imagine this movie feeling another way.

the choice of Once Upon a Time In Hollywood taps into a global cultural identity which is always a bit lame and totally always what QT does i think it has a shade of beauty.

so they live next to Polanski/Tate's home. Polanski's name is still mentioned. only QT. if everyone'll commit to it he'll pull it off in some way i'm not currently imagining from his specific perspective.