Dumb And Dumber To

Started by MacGuffin, September 24, 2013, 02:31:44 PM

samsong

I'd like to know what bits jeff Daniels thought was better than the toilet scene.

I had no idea bill Murray was in this.

Daniels came to play, Carrey has become an unlikable ham, and the Farrellys are old.  it's mostly boring and kinda pathetic but not entirely humorless.  kinda wish they went for a hard R rating.

mogwai

Quote from: samsong on November 21, 2014, 08:59:29 AM
I'd like to know what bits jeff Daniels thought was better than the toilet scene.

I had no idea bill Murray was in this.

Daniels came to play, Carrey has become an unlikable ham, and the Farrellys are old.  it's mostly boring and kinda pathetic but not entirely humorless.  kinda wish they went for a hard R rating.

But wasn't that the same with the first one? Jeff Daniels was the shit (pun intended) in it. And Jim Carrey played his typical spastic old routine.

samsong

jim carrey was the king of comedy back in the 90s, easily the most marketable, marquee comedic movie star at the time.  his shtick served him well then and most of us were way into it.  he's well out of his prime at this point and barely relevant, but he's still doing the same thing hoping people go with it the same way he did back then. 

likability's the main difference for me.  what i enjoyed then now strikes me as tired and desperate.