AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS CHRISTOPHER NOLAN IS A GENIUS?

Started by Xeditor, January 18, 2003, 12:34:03 PM

Sleuth

I don't have a problem with Kutcher trying to expand his career with more serious roles, but he's way too small and young
I like to hug dogs

Pwaybloe

I'm assuming this next Batman movie is about the beginnings of Bruce Wayne and why he became Batman, etc...

So, I think his age and physique will fit.

©brad

i don't get this whole ashton kutchner phenomenon. all of a sudden he's this superstar. when did this happen? before i went to europe he was the dude where's my car punk, now he's like all big and stuff. i mean i guess he's a good lookin guy, i dunno. i guess im just jealous b/c he's tappin ass with-

lucky fuck.

MacGuffin

Batman: Christopher Nolan, the helmer behind "Memento" and "Insomnia" is finding his early low-budget film "Following" scoing a DVD release in the UK and during an interview with Metro he briefly touched upon Batman. Whilst there was no new revelations sadly, his comments will give some reassurance to fans worrying of the film going in the direction of the last one. Firstly, how is the film coming along? "Fantastic. I'm having the time of my life. [We're at] very early stages, which is where it's tremendous fun. I'm getting to watch my vision of the world of Batman. To do that and get paid for it is brilliant". He was also asked about the classic Stanley Kubrick film "2001" and in his response said "It's such a wonderful spectacle and as a kid you don't worry about whether you get it or not, you just enjoy it for what it is, in a more impressionistic way. You enjoy the experience, and then you enjoy arguing with your friends about what it was all about. I think there is a tendency, particularly in Hollywood, to underestimate kids and the way in which they respond to narratives. I think that if you show something incredible and take them to a different world, you don't necessarily have to be telling them the clearest or most obvious story."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Warner Bros. & Chris Nolan Zeroing in on Batman Actor
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

In the next three days Warner Bros. and director Christopher Nolan will be testing several young actors for the title role of the next Batman movie, which is scheduled to start shooting in February.

The list of potential thesps include Jake Gyllenhaal, Christian Bale, Joshua Jackson, Cillian Murphy, Henry Cavill and Eion Bailey.

Hugh Dancy, who is currently filming Disney's King Arthur, may also test if his schedule permits and he is able to shave the beard his "Arthur" character, Galahad, is sporting.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Raikus

Eion Bailey  :yabbse-thumbup:

I know a lot of people aren't familiar with him, but I think he'd be the best choice. He's got the look and the acting chops.

Noteable filmography includes:
A Better Place
Fight Club
Center Stage
Almost Famous
Band of Brothers
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

cine

As much as I do like Eion Bailey for it, I like Cillian Murphy's chances.

NEON MERCURY

..Murphy wouldn't work imo ..he's good but ..doesn't look the part

Christian Bale looks bruce wayne .....

cine

I think Bailey would work best, but I like Murphy's chances hot off the heels of 28 Days Later. But who knows.. I really don't think Bale fits the part. Even Cavill seems better for Batman than Bale.

Fernando

More info on the Batman project from Latinoreview.

Here is what they have about the new film to be directed by Chris Nolan in regards to the title, shooting and who's producing.

1- The title is 'Intimidation Game'.
2- Emma Thomas (Insomnia, Memento) is the producer.
3- Now in full pre-production at Shepperton studios.
4- Shooting starts shooting at the end of February 2004.
5- Shooting in Shepperton studios and on location in the U.K.

Derek

It's hard to believe there's going to be new Batman film that goes where they haven't before with the potential to be a quality movie.

I'm excited.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

subversiveproductions

i didn't really want to read all of the replies, so i'll just go ahead and say this even if someone has already said it: i thought insomnia was good.  i only saw it once, so my opinion could be off, but i liked it.  maybe it's just that i love robin williams as a creepy bad guy.
see also: one hour photo (williams and brilliant cinematography.)
www.bloodlessriot.blogspot.com
let me pour my heart out to you strangers.

www.anewnothing.com
smile from ear to blood-dripping ear