This Has Got To Be Some Kind Of Record

Started by modage, July 01, 2003, 10:48:59 PM

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: markums2k
Quote from: Some IMDB Fucker
... it's really just an update of an old Frankie and Annette beach party movie--or a mid 60s Elvis film--with Justin and Kelly in the roles.  As such, it was not bad. The writers wisely chose to use time-tested plot elements and stock characterizations ... I thought this was FAR better than the Lizzie McGuire Movie ... Hey, I'd rather sit through this a second time than ADAPTATION or any PT Anderson film!

Are they serious?  Since when is From Justin to Kelly more acceptable than ANYTHING?  And since when is "time-tested plot elements" and "stock characterizations" a WISE decision??

I swear to fucking God, sometimes my country makes me want to vomit.

Careful Markums: "I liked Die Hard: With a Vengeance..."  :wink:
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Alethia

how do u know she was american?  huh?  huh?  huh?  huh?  hehe....

yeah but i agree with u too.

Alethia

then again, how do i know it's a she?

markums2k

Quote from: Ghoulardi GoonCareful Markums: "I liked Die Hard: With a Vengeance..."  :wink:

Not like.  I go absolutely ga-ga for it.  Hmmmm, time-tested plot elements... stock characterizations... fucking shit.

markums2k

Quote from: ewardthen again, how do i know it's a she?

Hey, you know what?  I thought it was a woman too.  Isn't that weird?  Maybe it is.  2 out of 2 Xixaxers can't be wrong.

Ravi

markums2k

Special features include:

Time-tested Plot Elements!
Stock characterizations!
Full-screen Presentation!

It will look so nice next to my Drumline and Blue Crush DVDs...

puddnanners

I actually did see from j to k (for free via working at a theater) and it really creeped the hell out of me.  There is a scene where j and k are riding on a boat and there is a love songy duet thing, but they aren't even looking at eachother, they are just both looking forward and singing and it really is one of the most bizarre things i have ever seen on film.  Also, one of justin's friends in the movie is a big geek (we know this because he wears glasses) but in one of the musical numbers, he sings a line or two in this deep soul voice and my gut got busted (from laughter).  If you are a good theif and don't mind stealing, than I would reccomend stealing it when it comes out.