Joker (2019)

Started by Alethia, September 21, 2018, 08:42:57 PM

Alethia

polkablues

The King of Comedy homage remains conspicuous.

My house, my rules, my coffee

Fernando

Drenk

Nice. Joaquin seems into it. Some shots seem generic, especially with the mother, or maybe it just makes me think of a lesser version of You Were Never Really Here. Actually, it often looks like the Joaquin Phoenix Universe. It's hard not to think of The Master. His skinny face is a mask.
Ascension.

Alethia

This looks great! Many of the scenes I was present for are in the trailer, great to finally see which shots they wound up going with (assuming these are all in the final cut).

Shughes

I was sceptical before. The poster got me excited. And after the trailer I'm all in and can't wait to see this! The King of Comedy reference comes across a lot in the trailer.

Robyn

joaquin looks so fucking good.

eward, can you give me some story details I can sell to all the nerds online?? THANK YOU.

polkablues

Quote from: Robyn on April 03, 2019, 10:52:38 AM
eward, can you give me some story details I can sell to all the nerds online?? THANK YOU.

They're all too busy bitching about how this movie will retroactively ruin Heath Ledger's performance in The Dark Knight somehow.

Anyway, this looks good as hell.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Nails9

Quote from: Nails9 on September 21, 2018, 11:19:44 PM
This all feels too on the nose *HONK HONK*

From the casting, to the influences it's been flapping up and down on it's dickie, I can only feel like I've seen it already.

Hide those cards Mr. Old-School-Hangover, Jokers should be wild.

yet I'd gladly eat those words like a peach for hours.

This looks fun, and I am excited, But it does still feel like I've already seen it already
So many great moving pieces, in front of and behind the camera...

...but I just don't like Philips.

*PTA appears as Jiminy Cricket on my shoulder* "Don't be too harsh, dummy. One must love all things movie!"

I know! But, as good as this looks, if it does turn out to be a stinkpiece, it will only confirm how critical the captain is of a ship.

Either way, I already got my bib on already.

SPOILURZ:

Do you think this is a pre-Joker Joker story?
Like Joaquin will die in the end but his influence is carried on by who ever goes on to play the next Joker in the next Batman?
Also, I already hate the fanbase this movie will have.
*PTA Cricket hits me with a frying pan*
WKBB*I/S*NotTP*SSotCB*OS & r.i.p.b.m.

Alethia

I am willing to secretly answer anyone's speculative questions definitively over PM, if you'd rather not wait till October.

Alethia

Also fun kinda-brag: the notebook he's seen scribbling in from the overhead shot in the trailer: Joaquin personally (in collaboration with our Art Dept) did a fantastic mock-up of it with each page containing a manically scribbled personal diatribe against every department head and their underlings, nearly everyone mentioned by name, above or below the line, with each copy signed. Production merch can be awesome sometimes.

Drenk

I hope he kills Bruce Wayne's father in what would be an happy ending.
Ascension.

Alethia

If you pause the trailer around the 45 second mark, you can see my name rolling up the TV screen!  :yabbse-grin:

WorldForgot

Quote from: eward on April 04, 2019, 10:16:14 AM
If you pause the trailer around the 45 second mark, you can see my name rolling up the TV screen!  :yabbse-grin:

So, Xixax iz now DCEU Canon (?)

Alethia

It certainly appears so.  :yabbse-cool: