INQUIRIES

Started by 03, September 20, 2004, 10:28:10 PM

Quote from: picolisp
Quote from: 03:(
:yabbse-expandonthat:
i was dissapointed that someone picked the most popular answer.

picolas

Quote from: 03
Quote from: picolisp
Quote from: 03:(
:yabbse-expandonthat:
i was dissapointed that someone picked the most popular answer.
oh. coo.

Myxo

Quote from: 03
Quote from: Vile5
Quote from: cronopiob) what's the most technically-innovative film made 'til now?

:(

Despite the nay sayers who resist popular culture, the Matrix will always be known as a technological marvel in filmmaking. There are lots of obscure films out there which deserve praise, but that's not to say the "popular answer" is somehow less credible.

I haven't seen a single film by the Quay brothers. It looks like they are known more for short film work. They've got a new feature film coming out called "The Piano Tuner of Earthquakes" which looks interesting to say the least. I donno.

Obviously when we're speaking about anything and making a "best of" list we can only discuss what we've seen. Maybe you are right and the Quay brothers will get the recognition they deserve.

i clarify: when i was answering, i meant: in my opinion, or my favorite of all technical innovators. and when the matrix was brought up, i realized that the question used the word 'most'. i acknowledge the skill that the matrix applied, and the power of its influence. but it was not interesting to me. this is bias, because computerized things and effects items often are not interesting to me; i am obsessed with realism. so, technical innovation that i find noteworthy:
- the demonstrations of practical uses of cgi of irreversible
- the barely noticable digital effects of dogville
- the precision animation of the brothers quay

can anyone direct me to a quality online database of screenplays?

MacGuffin

Quote from: 03can anyone direct me to a quality online database of screenplays?

http://www.simplyscripts.com/full_movie.html
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks