Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

wilberfan

Quote from: Tdog on May 20, 2019, 01:16:45 PM
Quote from: jacques100 on May 19, 2019, 03:47:42 PM
This is the last quote we got from PTA on the script, right?
https://filmschoolrejects.com/paul-thomas-anderson-working-to-conquer-a-600-page-screenplay/

Yeah but the whole 600 page thing was generally considered to be hyperbole that the movie outlets all decided to run with.

Exactly.  Thank you.  It bothers me that--in the name of clicks, I suppose--so many sites ran with that...

trytotell

Well, no Cannes announcement. Is the rumored fall start date off? 

kingfan011

Quote from: trytotell on May 24, 2019, 03:45:02 PM

I think we can assume that, Thought for sure any announcements would happen around Cannes. Darn it was really excited what direction he would go next.

martinthewarrior

Nothing can be "assumed" based on lack of Cannes announcement.

Quote from: kingfan011 on May 24, 2019, 04:02:25 PM

I think we can assume that, Thought for sure any announcements would happen around Cannes. Darn it was really excited what direction he would go next.

pynchonikon

To be fair, when the "untitled fashion project" was firstly announced at the beginning of June '16, there were not so many people that believed he could actually manage to get the film ready by the end of 2017, based on the production of his previous projects. However, he succeeded so let's stay optimistic. My personal deadline is the end of June, if we wont have any news till then, I would really start worrying...

Tdog

Quote from: martinthewarrior on May 24, 2019, 07:31:01 PM
Nothing can be "assumed" based on lack of Cannes announcement.

Quote from: kingfan011 on May 24, 2019, 04:02:25 PM

Any hints for us?

Gold Trumpet

I have a feeling it will be the project Tiffany Haddish was talking about. She kept bringing up historical LA type film set in the 1930s and if you follow her online, you sometimes would see PTA palling around with her, hanging in the background. When DiCaprio was supposedly offered a role in his new film, I thought, "He has a good classical LA type of look he could pull off." That was just assuming the Haddish project is what was coming next because she mentioned how it could be coming very soon.

Yes

If the leaker is legit, he already debunked the Haddish 30s rumors

d

Quote from: Gold Trumpet on June 05, 2019, 09:19:27 PM
(...) and if you follow her online, you sometimes would see PTA palling around with her, hanging in the background.

Any examples of that apart from the one posted here months ago? Just curious...

Find Your Magali

Ready for whatever PTA has ready to go next.

Timing seems right for the RDJ collaboration, finally. Now that he's saved the comics universe, he can win his Oscar with PTA.

Would love to see some former co-stars return for roles.

wilberfan

Quote from: Find Your Magali on June 08, 2019, 04:49:35 PM
Would love to see some former co-stars return for roles.

Let's come up with a treatment where the Horner family encounters each of the characters from Magnolia in and around various Valley locations.  (Maybe a cameo from Barry & Lena, too.) 

d

Ok, don't want to panic but should be worry there is still no news on the new project?

WorldForgot

Quote from: d on June 13, 2019, 02:48:01 PM
Ok, don't want to panic but should be worry there is still no news on the new project?

Projects like PTA'z take a lot of time and care to assemble. Thankfully ~

d

:) This time it was a typo, not the fact that English is not my first language.

I know, I know but PTA himself talked quiet a lot during PT press tour about how little time he may have left and how he would like to do more - my impression was he would like to speed up the process a little bit. Anyway, I do hope the next one is something of TWBB-scale and if that's the case I can wait...

trytotell

DiCaprio apparently is NOT doing the Del Toro (Bradley Cooper is)...Has there been a twist?