What's In Your DVD Player?

Started by cine, April 26, 2004, 07:29:53 PM

Redlum

I finally got around to watching this after buying it a year ago.

One of my favourite discoveries of late. It was in a Taschen book of the Best Movies of the 70s, which mostly discussed the film's satirical aspect of the Americanization of Germany. I just enjoyed the great mix of thriller and comedy.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

cinemanarchist

This is the beginning of my journey to watch every Woody Allen film in chronological order and yes I'm skipping What's Up, Tiger Lily because I've already seen it and wasn't much of a fan. Wish me luck everyone. I'll see you all on the other end.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

last days of gerry the elephant

I'm kinda excited to watch this... sadly.

last days of gerry the elephant

A really good TV movie/documentary on the Avro Arrow.

hedwig

Reinhold

I watched Raging Bull and Naked Lunch today.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

squints

In the past two days its been:

Buddha's Palm
Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart in Peril
Master of the Flying Guillotine

I've seen all these before but kung-fu and samurai flicks go well with the removal of wisdom teeth.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

RegularKarate

Quote from: Hedwig on August 03, 2008, 01:23:47 AM
Home Movies Season 1

Me Too!

And on the Roku box: Amazing Stories and Doctor Who

cinemanarchist

My assholeness knows no bounds.

Reinhold

Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Reinhold

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Sleepless

Have recently watched

and

Both films absolutely amazed me, definitely among my favorites of the year. The Visitor particularly is somewhere in my top 3 at the moment.

Please, everyone, go watch these now. If nothing else it will take away the horrible taste of Burn After Reading for two fine actors.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Pwaybloe

I loved "Miss Pettigrew..." as well.

Currently (for the upteenth time)

Yep, it's the old one.  It's anamorphic, so I haven't really jumped at upgrading to the latest DVD.