Know Your Xixax: Donation begging and site news

Started by Xixax, December 02, 2006, 08:52:14 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Also, I recommend just hiding the header. It's kind of unnecessary.

Reel

Quote from: polkablues on October 03, 2012, 11:22:55 PM
Are you talking about the fully functional Google search bar, or the search bar that appears under the marquee when you have the header expanded?  I'm assuming that one, because otherwise what you said would make no sense.  The story of that one is that I don't feel like poring through blocks of code that I don't understand just to find the line I have to delete to remove it when you can just not try to use it and use the Google bar that works instead.

Oh, but that one does work! I complained about it without trying it first. Just wondering.

polkablues

Well, I'll be damned.  Even so, we recommend that people use the Google search bar normally, and save the other one for last resort situations.  Because unlike some other boards, we don't delete old messages after however long, so our index is huge and the regular site search puts a big load on the webhost's servers and makes them unhappy with us.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

Who deals with the web hosting server? Feels like we've had the same shit forever and prices have gone down, storage and performance up. We should be able to get something a lot better now if we continue to pay the same.

polkablues

If anyone knows of a great web host, ideally if you have first-hand experience with them, let Mac know. Dreamhost is better than it used to be, but I think we would all be happy to migrate if there's something definitively better out there.

tpfkabi

Has anyone not been getting Notifications in the last few weeks or so?
I purposefully was avoiding some threads - The Master/Breaking Bad as to not spoil anything until I see them - but it appears I'm not getting any. Nothing is going to my Spam folder either. The e-mail is correct in my Profile, too.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

72teeth

Someone Respect Me!

IMA

PULLA

HATTRICK!!!

Trip' Seven Twos! 8)

EDIT: Siiiick..
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Pubrick

there you go, now quick take a screen cap to show your 72 grandchildren 72 times when you're 72.
under the paving stones.

Reel

I gave teef a point completely unaware of what he was going for so I took it back.

and we missed P getting +237!

no one respect polka, he's almost at 300.

polkablues

Reel

I would take away some of the points I've given out just to smite you, but I have the feeling you could do something back with your power that would make me a very sad panda...

anyways, when someone reaches 82 points, something cool should happen. Something monumental, EPIC even...

Their respect count should turn green.

72teeth

Yowza Yowza Yowza

polkablues

Gotta keep that self-respect high enough to keep you from clocking in at the Armory.

72teeth

alright, that was fun, im done, thanks pub and polk

Yowza Yowza Yowza

MacGuffin

Guess what time of year it is?

It's "Show Xixax Your Love Time!"

Yes, our rent is due to keep the site up and operational. So, please, contribute whatever you can. No donation too small... or too large.

Thank you.

http://xixax.com/donations.php
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks