overration

Started by sphinx, February 20, 2003, 05:07:11 PM

sphinx

:yabbse-thumbdown:

remember that it's a reflection of what people think the movie is, not what the movie actually is

RegularKarate

WHAT?  That's not a word

Jake_82

Absolutely... I can't stand it when people originally like a movie and then change their opinion because they claim it's overrated.
your reality is at the end of your dream

Cecil

you should make a thread on cornyness too, cause i dont think people fully understand what corn is

Victor

are you gonna eat with us too?

Cecil

Quote from: Lesterand pretention too

LOL is that a shot at me?

Victor

Quote from: cecil b. demented
Quote from: Lesterand pretention too

LOL is that a shot at me?

haha nah man. that word gets used so much its lost all meaning. most people i know who say something's pretentious are fucking pretentious as hell. at least you admit youre pretentious.
are you gonna eat with us too?

sphinx

Quote from: RegularKarateWHAT?  That's not a word

i think P would argue that it is

Pubrick

it's official, in the court of hip hop:

"Don't need no hateration, overration
In this dancery
Let's get it percolatin', while you're waitin'
So just dance for me
"
under the paving stones.

SubstanceD

Movies are manipulators. It is possibel to be manipulated in believing something on the first view of a movie, but it's as easy to see through this on the second. So what the fuck am I saying. That's why someone might say they like a movie at first and then find it overrated. I guess, but then again I'm full of shit.
Stubborn as a thousand born agains avoiding questions.

BonBon85

I think people use the term overrated for one of two reasons:
A) They thought the movie was good but then it was praised so much that they got tired of hearing about it and began to dislike it.
B) It was a movie nobody had heard about and they liked it and tried to get everybody to see it and nobody did until it was critically acclaimed and then the original person doesn't seem so "hardcore underground" for having known about it so they label it "overrated."

©brad

I just think there are too many movie critics who feel they MUST look for something bad in a film, no matter what.

phil marlowe

Quote from: cbrad4dI just think there are too many movie critics who feel they MUST look for something bad in a film, no matter what.

Excactly. Soon you get to a point were you start wondering if theese people really like movies or they just like being sceptical over a movie.

joke08

I like Ebert most of the time. I think people who are hardcore into movies are like people who are hardcore into music, like college radio DJ's, and Independent record store owners.
I usually like most movies, just out of entertainment value, but I like going over things I did or did not like about it. Mostly because I was an english major.
i've been drinking more wine lately.
it's good for you pop.
yeah, well anyway, i've been drinking more wine
(vito to michael, Godfather I)