The Crown

Started by wilberfan, December 27, 2017, 02:00:55 PM

wilberfan

The Crown focuses on Queen Elizabeth II as a 25-year-old newlywed faced with the daunting prospect of leading the world's most famous monarchy while forging a relationship with legendary Prime Minister, Sir Winston Churchill. The British Empire is in decline, the political world is in disarray, and a young woman takes the throne....a new era is dawning. Peter Morgan's masterfully researched scripts reveal the Queen's private journey behind the public facade with daring frankness. Prepare to be welcomed into the coveted world of power and privilege and behind locked doors in Westminster and Buckingham Palace....the leaders of an empire await.

Creator: Peter Morgan
Stars: Claire Foy, Matt Smith, Victoria Hamilton

wilberfan

I swear, Season 2 of this series is one of my favorite 'films' of 2017.  It's more engaging and entertaining than most of the "top-rated", "universally critically acclaimed" films of this year.  Top-notch performances and production values.  (Netflix spent an entire fuck-ton of money on it, so it should.)

©brad

Okay but it better be good because I'm halfway through season 1 and so far it's boring af.

wilberfan

Quote from: ©brad on December 27, 2017, 06:46:43 PM
Okay but it better be good because I'm halfway through season 1 and so far it's boring af.

If you're that bored halfway thru Season One, then you might as well move on to something else.  Seriously.

wilberfan

I'm on record as loving this series, and now I'm even more stoked to see Olivia Fuckin' Coleman as Liz in Season 3!

Drenk

It's like a reveal for a superhero suit.
Ascension.