.Nil by ..Mouth

Started by NEON MERCURY, January 01, 2004, 03:54:10 PM

NEON MERCURY

......salutations.....

i got this film/movie for Christmas ...is was  written by G. Oldman...and he also directed it...I t has a groovy score/music by E. Clpaton(guitar player)..itsl really "beautiful"........the performances are "21 Grams-like"(i.e. solid across the board)...its very deprressing and "heartwarming".its has a violently beating in it and the subsequennt make-up is innncredible....the directoin was "one-of-a-kind" by that i mean that the camera is mostly focused right in fron tof the character's grill/faces...it "heightens" the tension.........if you like good films i and most likely MR. Oldman would recomend this motion picture for you........but if you hate films that are nnot good...the YES  go ahead and buy that winnndtalkers special edition that you've been eyeing but nnot sure to get it.......

annother thing i believe that this film is the first of "i don't know how many"  films br Gary...its quite "'remarkable".......

also..the film is hard to unnderstannd for my case...they speak in a thick London accent....so i had to subtitle it .....i know i'm an idiot ..but i can read better.now and i am learning to speak Londonese.....

her is what the dvd ooks like....

penfold0101

I've Wanted to see this for a wile now.
Being From the UK i all ways try and see as many British films as possible (gotta support the industry). I also think Ray Winstone is a very good actor. I've been told by many people how good it is but the subject matter seems too brutal for my tastes, how harsh is it? What would you compare it to?

I also can't bring my self to watch irreversible or the war zone.
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

NEON MERCURY

....it is brutal...but not as bad .as irrevesible.....

....SPOILER...

....if i can remember correctly..the most disturbing part..is when Ray Winstone beats his wife....but it is done off camera.....its the makeup effects afterwards that is disturbing...also......and i believe other than the beatings ...the film is "harsh"......in terms of the subject matter.........

and lastly......i think this film holds the records for the most "naughty words" spoken......

but i recommend it highly......i think godardian owns it also.....

penfold0101

Your tempting me here, I think I'll have a look for it next pay day.
May be read a few more reviews. See how they describe it.
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.