Upcoming Releases

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 07:13:19 PM

cine

that inspires my own upcoming release:

Ravi

Since the studios seem to be getting creative with their special edition titles, they might as well call this the "Aren't you Fucking Sick of This Movie Yet Edition."

MacGuffin

Quote from: MacGuffinOn 9/6, look for The Deer Hunter: Special Edition (SRP $26.98 ), a 2-disc set featuring anamorphic widescreen video, Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, audio commentary with cinematographer Vilmos Zsigmond, video of the acceptance of the Best Picture Award, the Anatomy of a Scene featurette, deleted and extended scenes, production notes and the film's original theatrical trailer.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Weak2ndAct

Arrrrggghhh.  The UK R2 has Cimino commentary and different featurettes.  Crap.  I'm torn.

modage

that cover sucks.  so do all the universal Legacy series ones i've seen so far.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

soixante

Michael Cimino did an audio commentary for Year of the Dragon (which was fascinating, by the way).  Too bad he can't do the same for Deer Hunter.
Music is your best entertainment value.

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

MacGuffin

Jackson working on DVD for original 'King Kong'

Director Peter Jackson, at work on his own remake of "King Kong," is helping produce bonus materials for the DVD debut of the 1933 original.

Jackson is working on a new documentary, "RKO Production 601: The Making of Kong, the Eighth Wonder of the World," a two-hour, seven-part feature included in the two-disc "King Kong" set, which Warner Home Video will release on Nov. 22.

"Fans of this film are going to go crazy; we've got everything but the kitchen sink on here," said George Feltenstein, the studio's senior vp of classic catalog.

One part of the documentary focuses on the mysterious "spider pit" sequence deleted from the film before its theatrical premiere in New York and Los Angeles.

"For years, there has always been speculation, does this footage exist, so we have a piece that actually explains what it was and we do a recreation of it," Feltenstein said. "For fans of the film, that's a big, important thing."

In true Warner fashion, "King Kong" -- which has never before been available on DVD -- will arrive in stores in two configurations: a two-disc special edition and a two-disc collector's edition packaged in a collectable tin and including a 20-page reproduction of the original souvenir program, postcard reproductions of the original one sheets, and a mail-in offer for a reproduction of a vintage 27-by-41-inch movie poster.

"The real one is worth about $25,000," Feltenstein said. "These are all reproductions, but they're still nice to have."

Warner also will release a four-disc collector's set featuring the two-disc "King Kong" special edition along with "The Son of Kong" and "Mighty Joe Young."

Feltenstein said the DVD of "King Kong" was two years in the making and the fact that the DVD is arriving right before Jackson's remake opens in theaters on Dec. 14 via Universal Pictures is "actually a coincidence."

In addition to the seven-part documentary, the "King Kong" DVD set includes such extras as a documentary on "Kong" director (and creator) Merian C. Cooper, a trailer gallery of Cooper's other films, and a commentary from stop-motion animator Ray Harryhausen, actress Terry Moore ("Mighty Joe Young") and special effects master Ken Ralston ("Star Wars").
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Revised Titanic artwork.

It's no Kevin Smith peekaboo.

modage

ew, NEW RULE: please dont advertise the extras on the cover.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

just when you think that they've done it all to screw covers up, something like this comes.  great. it's almost like an artform
context, context, context.

Myxo

Decraprio looks like he's about 12 in that movie.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Even on the cover it seems James Cameron is preoccupied with trying to get an Oscar than direct.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

RegularKarate

yeah, it looks like he's trying to use the force...