Breaking Bad

Started by squints, February 25, 2009, 07:23:38 PM

©brad

Stupid question I know, but are there any non-torrent ways to watch episodes online? I only have a work computer at the moment and can't use it for torrents.

Ghostboy

I subscribe on iTunes.

matt35mm

Google "Breaking Bad Streaming." Lots of sites just streaming it, pretty much an hour or so after it premieres.

Brando

If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

©brad

matt35mm

ok i think ive recovered enough to speak on this episode.
some things that people havent mentioned, and some that have been:

- the hug scene made me cry like a little girl. the manipulation that walt conducts at this point in his life is confoundingly realistic. he is literally one of those people that you can never trust because even the truth is a lie.

- i think that the cold open was amazing. we've never seen todd that animated. i believe that the beginning that we dont see of the tarantino-esque train story is uncle jack asking him how they could get some more because the barrel looks half empty when they drive away. its also important because they're officially beginning the new cook operation in new mexico. declans was in arizona, so now the blue meth will show up again right in town at a higher quality. i like the deja vu of the blood on the shoe, it reminded me of mikes sleeve after boxcutter.

- the confession is flawless because of you guys argument about the money. as hank said, the video is a threat, and he knows that hank doesnt know about the money. hes showing hank that he truly is involved in a factual way that is a blow to him, while layering it into a lie of hank being involved. genius as fuck.

- i dont know how much you guys want to predict but, walts house is not burned to the ground in the flash forward, so someone stops jesse. most likely walt, who kills jesse, takes his jacket, fakes his death and trashes his own house, sending the video and blaming the vandalism as well on hank. just saying.

polkablues

I'm calling it now, there's no way in hell Jesse doesn't survive until at least the final episode.
My house, my rules, my coffee

tpfkabi

The $177k bothers me, too.
If Walt had said he fronted it to Hank, like when Jesse fronted Walt some money when he needed it, it would make more sense to me.
Then again, that makes Hank still not have money.
Eh, I don't know.

Frozen gun though...
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

©brad

Quote from: polkablues on August 26, 2013, 10:33:17 PM
I'm calling it now, there's no way in hell Jesse doesn't survive until at least the final episode.

I'm calling it now, I think Jesse will survive the series.

diggler

The show would really lose something without Jesse, I would applaud the balls it would take to kill him off before the finale, but it just doesn't seem like they would do that. I'd be willing to bet some other main characters get it before then. Hank went so long (almost comically) without discovering Walt and that is being factored into the writing, which is a stroke of genius. The DEA discovering Heisenberg would totally ruin him, so I would expect him to pull something rash.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

modage

Quote from: 03 on August 26, 2013, 08:47:09 PM
- the hug scene made me cry like a little girl.
Me too. Totally lost it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: ©brad on August 26, 2013, 04:29:24 PM
- Cold open was under-whelming.

i felt the same way. i'm sure it is leading up to a big payoff but it didn't have the mystique they usually have.

it reminded me of this:

at the end of the episode all i could think was "when are they getting to the fireworks factory!"

the only thing that was truly genius was the confession, no one could've predicted that. maybe it's the fault of talking about this all the time that has made "necessary" or "safely predicted" scenes feel like they're just going through the motions. almost the whole episode was filled with them, these are scenes that feel like they had to happen:

-jesse finds out about the ricin. definitely not their best written moment, but like someone else said i am going to just take what i can get at this point.
-the scene with the two couples in the taco restaurant, was that really necessary? it felt forced just as a way of giving them the confession DVD. nothing else of importance came of that scene.
-jesse not saying anything to Hank.. that felt like the writers wrote themselves into a corner and them said "nah let's not do this" and just backed out, again with very little of actual importance coming as a result of it.
-the whole thing about jesse leaving and starting a new life, that was NEVER going to happen.. there was no tension in that scene regardless of how much they jerked the camera around and how much they pumped up the score. that's why the ricin fell flat too.

the whole episode felt like it lacked energy of the previous ones. i'm jealous of people getting such emotional reaction out of that desert scene. i appreciate the psychology of it but jesse has been hysterical for so long now i just don't care. and once again at the end he's going nuts.. come on, is he trying to win the Shelley Duvall award for longest sustained mental breakdown?

my only prediction, which i've mentioned before, is that Walt doesn't have to die. i hope he lives and loses everything. that would be bittersweet justice and more interesting than having some dude yell like a maniac.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Pubrick on August 27, 2013, 11:43:56 AM-the scene with the two couples in the taco restaurant, was that really necessary? it felt forced just as a way of giving them the confession DVD. nothing else of importance came of that scene.

Really? Watch it again. That scene was mostly about Skyler. About her soul shriveling a little more as she prepared to betray Marie and Hank with that kind of finality. Skyler and Walt were hoping to talk them down, even if they knew there was a very small chance. The confession tape was a last resort, and of course they had to take one last courteous step to avoid it.

Quote from: Pubrick on August 27, 2013, 11:43:56 AM-jesse not saying anything to Hank.. that felt like the writers wrote themselves into a corner and them said "nah let's not do this" and just backed out, again with very little of actual importance coming as a result of it.

I also disagree here. We learned that Jesse doesn't want to deal with Hank, but that he might be open to talking to someone else (when he says "not you"). Who knows what form that might take, or if Jesse will cooperate with law enforcement at all, or if perhaps Jesse is so desperate now that he will talk to Hank. Whatever the outcome, it was crucial to re-establish the Hank/Jesse relationship. That scene also played into Hank's ongoing failure, which we see on his face when he comes home that night.

im gonna pull a  jeremy and say the podcast is up