Breaking Bad

Started by squints, February 25, 2009, 07:23:38 PM

modage

Watch: 90-Minute Conversation With The Creator & Cast Of 'Breaking Bad'
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/watch-a-90-minute-conversation-with-the-creator-cast-of-breaking-bad-20130730

Gilligan & Cranston explain why Walt left the book in the bathroom.
Paul says "Magnets, bitch."
Rian Johnson will direct the 3rd to last ep which Gilligan says might be the series best.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

©brad

Will direct?

And shouldn't the finale be the best?!

Drenk

He directed it. And often last episodes are not the best. The ones before them are! A finale is a weird thing.
Ascension.

Brando

SPOILERS

Quote from: modage on July 31, 2013, 10:44:46 AM

Rian Johnson will direct the 3rd to last ep which Gilligan says might be the series best.

The episode Rian Johnson directs is called Ozymandias which is the name of the poem Bryan Cranston reads in the most recent Breaking Bad teaser. Rian Johnson on twitter also said he directed the teaser. The poem according to Wiki "The central theme of "Ozymandias" is the inevitable decline of all leaders, and of the empires they build, however mighty in their own time." The last shot of the teaser is Heisenberg's hat in the desert like the line about the trunkless legs of stone in the desert. It all points to Heisenberg's last stand. Walter White will survive but Heisenberg and his empire wont.

If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Brando on July 31, 2013, 10:03:56 PMWalter White will survive but Heisenberg and his empire wont.

I'm not so sure. I mean, where we left him, he's already fine giving up his empire. He wants to be done.

I'm just saying hopefully something more catastrophic is in the cards. Vince has said repeatedly that Walter White needs to be punished.

Brando

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on July 31, 2013, 10:09:27 PM
Quote from: Brando on July 31, 2013, 10:03:56 PMWalter White will survive but Heisenberg and his empire wont.

I'm just saying hopefully something more catastrophic is in the cards. Vince has said repeatedly that Walter White needs to be punished.

I'm just saying Walt will survive that Rian Johnson directed episode. I think his Heisenberg persona will be metaphorically killed in the episode. I do not think the show will end with Walt surviving.

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on July 31, 2013, 10:09:27 PM

I'm not so sure. I mean, where we left him, he's already fine giving up his empire. He wants to be done.

This is just my predictions for the upcoming 8 episodes but I don't think we've seen the last of Heisenberg.In the "I'm the one who knocks" speech, Walt said he couldn't just quit cause a multimillion dollar business will go belly up. His business now is significantly bigger than Gus' because Walt is international. Who actually killed Gus is now known. With his "Say my name" fit, he admitted he killed Gus. That secret is out and if Walt is no longer cooking then why would those who know keep his secret. The Mexican Mob boss didn't kill Gus with his partner cause he said he knew who he really was.

Walt wants to be done but I think something from his past will pull him into his Heisenberg persona.

If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Fernando

I'm not so sure Walt dies and if he does he somehow will feel better by dying than staying alive, I'm basing this on his answer to the folowing question:

Having binge-watched, I have to ask: What can you tell me about the ending of Breaking Bad?
In my mind, the ending is a victory for Walt. You might see the episode and say, "What the fuck was he talking about?" But it's a somewhat happy ending, in my estimation.

source: http://www.vulture.com/2013/05/vince-gilligan-on-breaking-bad.html
it's the last question.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Brando on July 31, 2013, 10:25:44 PMI'm just saying Walt will survive that Rian Johnson directed episode. I think his Heisenberg persona will be metaphorically killed in the episode.

Ah, okay. I misunderstood.

And yeah, I fully expect Walter to put the Heisenberg hat back on, because he will be forced to. We basically saw that in the flash forward.

Fernando - That is a bit spoilerish I guess, but I'll bite. Maybe Vince meant that Walt fully achieves his transformation, and that is a sort of victory. We know there are a few more things he could do, and I hope they take him there.

In that case, whether he dies or not would be somewhat irrelevant.

Walter's death would be mostly for finality, which will be needed, so I can't imagine it not happening. They can still surprise us with how it happens.

Also, I'd like to say this again... I hope Jesse plays a major (and sufficiently redemptive) role in Walter's downfall.

Brando

SPOILERS
POSSIBLE SPOILERS
PREDICTIONS

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

Quote from: Fernando on July 31, 2013, 11:05:34 PM
I'm not so sure Walt dies and if he does he somehow will feel better by dying than staying alive, I'm basing this on his answer to the folowing question:

I think the show has to end with two things. The first and most obvious is with Walt's death. The second is for the show to go out with what it is known for and that would be Walt and his crazy Plans. The new identity, disguise and the gun is the first part of Walt's final and craziest scheme that he knows will result in his death. With that comment from Vince Gilligan, Walt's death is important in the success of the plan. The outcome depends on the impression of Walt the writer's want to leave on us. Is he someone trying to absolve his sins or is he still evil. It's Walter White so it's a good bet that it will be a little of both.

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on July 31, 2013, 11:44:01 PM
Quote from: Brando on July 31, 2013, 10:25:44 PMI'm just saying Walt will survive that Rian Johnson directed episode. I think his Heisenberg persona will be metaphorically killed in the episode.

Ah, okay. I misunderstood.

And yeah, I fully expect Walter to put the Heisenberg hat back on, because he will be forced to. We basically saw that in the flash forward.

I'm sticking to my prediction that Heisenberg will be no more after the Rian Johnson episode. So I'm changing my original perception of the flash forward. I no longer see Heisenberg. I see a defeated Walt. That makes me think in the final 8 episodes maybe an unknown enemy appears who is more Heisenberg than Heisenberg. After defeating Gus, Walt felt invincible. In the final 8, He could run into someone who is smarter and more ruthless than he is. He finally meets his match and bad shit happens to people around him. 

Frederico Fellini

In case you're like me and have a job and can't sit down to rewatch the whole goddamn thing, here's a recap of the first 4 and a half seasons in 8 minutes:

Only 5 more days to go.
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

ono

Gr9 article.  One very very minor S5 part 2 premiere teasy type spoiler.  http://www.avclub.com/articles/how-breaking-bad-broke-free-of-the-clockworkuniver,101278/

And maybe I'm not looking in the right places, but there's surprisingly little teaser material this time around for BB.  No leaked clips or anything other than Ozymandius and that comically short teaser earlier.

©brad

That's a good thing! I'm reading this thread with one eye mid squint to avoid spoilers. I'm also saving the torrent of good BB articles this week for after this Sunday.

Jeremy Blackman

Jeremy Blackman

If Breaking Bad took place entirely on Facebook - A recap of the first half of Season 5

http://www.someecards.com/2013/08/08/if-breaking-bad-took-place-entirely-on-facebook