To Newbs, introduce yourself.

Started by Xixax, January 08, 2003, 01:13:48 PM

pete

I like the part where he calls me the voice of the generation
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

N

Hi, I'm N and my name isn't an anime reference.
I like movies, music, fast internet, cigarettes, coffee, programming, misquotes and you... what else you need to know?

Reel

what is the single most profound cinematic experience of your life?

N

Honestly, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.
I don't think I'll get much backup on that though.

Reel

Good answer. One of the stars of that movie was in something some guy here directed. I forgot.

N

Casey Affleck in Ain't Them Bodies Saints I'm pretty sure.

Reel

Jeremy Blackman

This is not the time for trolling, Reelist!

Robyn

Quote from: N on November 05, 2013, 11:53:26 PM
Honestly, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.
I don't think I'll get much backup on that though.

Loved that film. It's pretty popular here I think.

awaumans

Hey there, my name is Alex. 21 years old and not an alcoholic, i got that going for me which is nice. :-D

I'm doing a master in Film studies, which means I think I know something about movies because it's my study (or at least i think i know something about movies), i still think you'll learn about movies everyday, not only in a film class.

My favorite movies can be found here (https://rateyourmusic.com/list/xxnnddrr/my_top_25_movies/) and I hope to enjoy talking movies on this forum.

Cheers!

Sleepless

Welcome along.

Something for everyone here on that list. Nice to see American Beauty and Diving Bell included. Curious about your love of Rope though.

You'll fit in just fine. Where are you going to film school?
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

awaumans

My love for Rope starts with the technical appreciation I had for the movie. I have a huge respect for Hitchcock as a director. He was always looking for innovation in his movies, and Rope is a great example of this. The long shot thing in this movie is really well done, and besides the story is okay as well. I think i'm more of a technical viewer due to my studies. Therefore Rope is in my eyes one of the best films ever made.

I'm doing my film studies in Antwerp, Belgium.

Reel

Quote from: awaumans on December 14, 2013, 06:18:09 AM
My favorite movies can be found here (https://rateyourmusic.com/list/xxnnddrr/my_top_25_movies/)

another Taxi Driver buff? I feel so unoriginal! Hey, have you seen The King Of Comedy? It's odd how similar those movies are...

Your av fucking creeps me out. Welcome, man!