Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Started by MacGuffin, December 18, 2013, 08:27:24 AM

MacGuffin

Release date: July 11, 2014

Starring: Gary Oldman, Jason Clarke, Judy Greer, Andy Serkis

Directed by: Matt Reeves

Premise: A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

jenkins

not sure what it'll be like. i'm excited anyway

Just Withnail

i think it could have potential, if it's as close to Caesar as the first one. The way that one followed his gradual evolution into consciousness was really good. his eyes! the poster seems to confirm that they will.

Lottery

jenkins

excited for this like we hoped we'd be tmnt excited, as in excited like a child

somehow i'm anticipating this > godzilla. kinda random. think if godzilla was back in japan i'd be = excited, and anyway looking forward to the big screen showdown, the monster vs the apes

[edit]
i did imdb research on the dp for each movie. i'm now = excited about both. yeah. can't wait. well i gotta wait; reminder: godzilla in may, apes in july

Lottery

I've been hyping Godzilla more than this but I thought thew first one was real solid.

Anyway:
- Effects are special.
- Gaz Oldman looks younger.
- I like how the lead dude is dressed. Seems practical, outdoorsy, survivorish and distinctly Australian.

jenkins

i'm all like:

- apes riding horses

done

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

now thats a fuckin trailer.
this is going to be an excellent theater experience.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Lottery

Best soundtrack titles ever.

1. Level Plaguing Field
2. Look Who's Stalking
3. The Great Ape Processional
4. Past Their Primates
5. Close Encounters of the Furred Kind
6. Monkey to the City
7. The Lost City of Chimpanzee
8. Along Simian Lines
9. Caesar No Evil, Hear No Evil
10. Monkey See, Monkey Coup
11. Gorilla Warfare
12. The Apes of Wrath
13. Gibbon Take
14. Aped Crusaders
15. How Bonobo Can You Go
16. Enough Monkeying Around
17. Primates for Life
18. Planet of the End Credits
19. Ain't That a Stinger

Kal

One of the best movies I've seen in a while, not kidding. I even watched it in 3D and enjoyed that which is rare for me.

First of all, production is flawless and CGI is pretty amazing. I felt like it even makes Avatar look old. Lots of action and great scenes, but also very deep storytelling and drama. The film is definitely serious throughout and there isn't a lot of comedy, but I was hooked 100% of the way. Great story and continuation, setting up what comes next.

I think most people here will enjoy this a lot.

Quote from: Lottery on June 30, 2014, 11:34:04 PM
Best soundtrack titles ever.

1. Level Plaguing Field
2. Look Who's Stalking
3. The Great Ape Processional
4. Past Their Primates
5. Close Encounters of the Furred Kind
6. Monkey to the City
7. The Lost City of Chimpanzee
8. Along Simian Lines
9. Caesar No Evil, Hear No Evil
10. Monkey See, Monkey Coup
11. Gorilla Warfare
12. The Apes of Wrath
13. Gibbon Take
14. Aped Crusaders
15. How Bonobo Can You Go
16. Enough Monkeying Around
17. Primates for Life
18. Planet of the End Credits
19. Ain't That a Stinger

...you have cat to be kitten me right meow

Robyn

No love for the third one? I think the trilogy as a whole is the perfect trilogy as far as action blockbuster goes.

Drenk

I loved DAWN. The third one was a well directed movie...but...everything felt forced or easy to predict.
Ascension.