not the most popular thread anymore, donnie darko and homos.

Started by SubstanceD, February 18, 2003, 07:02:07 PM

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Butterscotch Jones

this lame argument is reminding me of why i so loved " King of the hill" when it came out, because it was not filled with sad pathetic lame dare i say " gay" liberal/p.c cliches . That show stood up for and still does, for a side of our society that You don't see a lot of on tv.  Thats why it was such a breath of fresh air.

I thought I was the only one who liked it.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

i would like to hear your review of king of the hill duck, i always like to hear what other people say about the show

Xixax

Are gay movies born gay, or is it a choice they make after dealing with the studio execs?
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Xixaxgay movies

I believe the correct word is "ghey", Mr. Xixax.

Xixax

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman"ghey"

No, I meant gay.

Like "Queer as Folk" or "Crying Game" gay.

:lol:
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Duck Sauce

Latley, I have really started watching it like it was the Simpsons, I enjoy its lack of political correctness, and how it pokes fun at itself for it. There are just so many good things to name about it where you could obviously see how offensive some of the stuff could be if people take it serious.

Ghostboy

As has been stated above, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and their opinion should be considered valid, as long as no hurtful or hateful expressions are going around.

If you think homosexuality is abberant, you should also consider premarital sex aberrant, and also the notion of getting married and not having kids as quite problematic. Homosexuality, since it lacks any form of procreation, implies a relationship based purely on love and/or sex. Which is exactly the kind of relationship millions of straight men and women enjoy, via the joys of safe sex.

Also, if you support gay rights, please remember that you technically also should support incest rights.

My own opinion? Love conquers all -- let it do its thing.

©brad

as a straight male, i must say that ive seen queer as folk before and thought it was pretty good.

jmj

BJ...For the record, if you go back and read all of my post very carefully you will see that I never once said anything about censorship.  I never said anything about anyone hushing there opinion.  I never said you CAN NOT use the word gay like you did.  I just said it's disrespectful.  So before you so carelessly go calling people nazi's for challenging your ignorance you should try actually reading what they have to say.  And as far as saying that people with liberal viewpoints are hypocrites...well, that's just plain stupid and a pretty invalid argument since you don't really know any of us and have no substance to back up that statement.   Basically you're just trying to circumvent an argument for which you have no intelligent reply.  So you, Mrs. Butterscotch Jones, can eat a bowl of dicks with a spoon.
PS. Although I have much respect for Jam Master Jay I have not taken his moniker as inspiration for my screenname.  jmj stands for my initials.

BTW- Cecil B. Demented...sorry I left you off that list.  I was working off memory and I knew I would forget someone.
Gorobei Katayama: You're Good.
Heihachi Hayashida: Yeah, yeah. But I'm better at killing enemies.
Gorobei Katayama: Killed many?
Heihachi Hayashida: Well - It's impossible to kill 'em all, so I ususally run away.
Gorobei Katayama: A splendid principle!
Heihachi Hayashida: Thank you.

budgie

Quote from: Butterscotch Jones
We should not all be sad robots, we should speak our minds and make them up ourselves and not have other people do it for us.
Feel something because you " Feel" it and not because you think it will make you look cool to say it.

The irony is too perfect.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: GhostboyAlso, if you support gay rights, please remember that you technically also should support incest rights.

:yabbse-huh:

Ghostboy

Hey, if its a  relationship between two consensual adults who aren't potentially harming anyone (meaning they use protection so they won't have mutant kids), incest should be A-OK.

This doesn't mean that I support it, just that technically I should. It's a good thought provoking monkeywrench...

jmj

Quote from: GhostboyAlso, if you support gay rights, please remember that you technically also should support incest rights.

DP...I done told you that there's nothing you can say to make me comfortable with that thing between you and your sister.
Gorobei Katayama: You're Good.
Heihachi Hayashida: Yeah, yeah. But I'm better at killing enemies.
Gorobei Katayama: Killed many?
Heihachi Hayashida: Well - It's impossible to kill 'em all, so I ususally run away.
Gorobei Katayama: A splendid principle!
Heihachi Hayashida: Thank you.

Ghostboy

Which in turn reminds me of one of the best and edgiest lines from the Simpsons (paraphrased from a scene where Cletus is making out with his girl in a pickup truck)...

GIRL: Cletus, I don't feel comfortable doing this where my parents can see!

CLETUS: S'okay, they's my parents too.

polkablues

Dave Attell: "I think if your cousin is really hot, you should be allowed to fuck her!"
My house, my rules, my coffee