We need some more Chuck Palahniuk film adaptations.

Started by Myxo, June 20, 2003, 11:19:27 AM

Myxo

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Tictacbk

Survivor would make such a weird movie...who would play the main character?

BonBon85

There was talk about an Invisible Monsters movie and I hope this happens. I know it's probably his least popular book, but it's my personal favorite.

Sleuth

My favorite too.  It's just so fucking twisted and hilarious
I like to hug dogs

bonanzataz

i just finished survivor. it's a lot like fight club in its structure.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Sleuth

Palahniuk does that.

Okay, call me crazy, but I think a good choice to play Tender would be Andy Richter.  He could totally do it
I like to hug dogs

BonBon85

I think Phil Hoffman would make a good Tender Branson. He's got the right look for early Tender, and his transformation would be pretty interesting.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

AK

I read somewhere  Fincher bought the rights from LULLABY before Palahniuk even finished it....and the history sounds a return to dark plots like Seven....I 'm praying to be truth....

budgie

Quote from: sexterossa
Quote from: who else?I read somewhere  Fincher bought the rights from LULLABY before Palahniuk even finished it....and the history sounds a return to dark plots like Seven....I 'm praying to be truth....
it was such a bad book though.

No, you just don't get it is all. In my opinion it's his best, most complex. I like Survivor better as entertainment, but think he's only improving as he goes on. Diary looks as though it will continue the trend.

Phil Seymour Hoffman as Tender Branson was my idea a very long time ago. Which only confirms my suspicions about BonBon.

I read a while back that Choke was a possibility. Also that Chuck is taking a screenwriting class. (I so love that he's a learner.) I'd like to see any of his other novels on screen but don't really trust anyone but Fincher to do a good job. Tho I'd still be interested in PTA's translation and the weird hybrid that would plop out.

Royal Tenenbaum

Survivor is my favourite, although I still haven't read Lullaby. I really hope they all get made into films! His work is so original and brilliant that I can't help but hope it reaches more people through any medium.

children with angels

So what do all you big Chuck Palahniuk fans think about Fight Club the movie in relation to Fight Club the book? It's the only one of Chuck's books I've read, and I really liked it, but I think I actually prefered the movie (very unusual for me). Mainly because of the ending: the movie ending is one of my favourite conclusions of anything, bar none - the book's ending to me felt a little flat.

One bit from the novel that I wish they'd had time to put in the film is that amazing part where the narrator has figured out what's going on in his head ( :wink:  put tactfully for the maybe one person in the world who hasn't seen this movie) and  goes into a fight club night and picks a fight with every single guy there, wanting them to beat him to death. That's a really incredible moment, and could've been so powerful on film.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

BonBon85

Quote from: budgie
Phil Seymour Hoffman as Tender Branson was my idea a very long time ago. Which only confirms my suspicions about BonBon.

que?